I had it in my mind this morning that I was going to this totally positive post about how enlightened I am. But really, today I just feel weary and fatigued. I am so freakin' glad that there is only 2 days left after today.
Today I went to the store (again) to buy the LAST round of lemons I am going to buy for a long time. 18. I bought 18 lemons.
I want coffee. And beer.
Ok. Now that I got that out of my system. I actually did have a moment of enlightenment today. I thought about all the times I've had to turn down delicious food these past 11 days. Two times were at social events and it was extremely hard to not eat when EVERYONE else was. And it has really got me in the mind set that I don't always have to eat food that I KNOW my body doesn't need- only because it tastes good. I feel that I have definitely broke some bad habits of mindless eating. I feel that I can better control myself when there is a buffet of food laying in front of my eyes.
On Saturday John and I are headed out to a friend's summer party. I'm really looking forward to it. It marks my last day of this process. It will also be the first time that I am allowed to eat when I know that there will be lots of food and drinks offered to me. I really want to see how well I can do. I think I'm a whole new person.
No comments:
Post a Comment