So, I had previously read online that day 2 of the ease in process is supposed to be the hardest. For me, it was day 1. Yesterday was pretty easy. I nearly drank both bottles of V8. I'm also drinking A LOT of mint tea. That is supposed to help with the appetite, and it's herbal, so I can drink that. But today, day 3 of easing in, is EASY. I think that tomorrow will be a piece of cake. Mmmmm cake....
Today I was pretty excited to FINALLY find the Grade B maple syrup AND laxative tea that is needed for the cleanse. I found a 12 ounce Grade B maple syrup at Trader Joes. I then went to Whole Foods and found that they carried the syrup and the tea. If I run out of this syrup (which I probably will) I can get more at either store.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

How I'm feeling today: I'm feeling really good. Not as bad as I thought I would feel. I am usually VERY dependent on food, and if I don't eat very regularly I get dizzy and famished very quickly. I'm surprised at how well I'm doing for not eating any food. My stomach feels TINY! I'm loving that. I am urinating very frequently, probably because I'm drinking so much water. One not so good thing- my mouth constantly tastes like I have bad breath and I feel like I need to brush my teeth all the time. Aside from that, I've been using diaphragmatic breathing and calming thoughts to get through any other physical side effects I may be feeling. I am also going to attempt to do yoga today.
I am thinking about food all the time though. I hope to get passed that. It's been especially hard because I have to feed Daphne like 5 times a day. There have been several times where I noticed that I would have picked at, or finished, Daphne's food if I weren't on this cleanse. Imagine how many extra calories that is giving me, and I'm not even thinking about it. There have been several times where I had to throw out Daphne's left overs, and I just sat there and thought a long time about that. Also, I took her to the movies yesterday and bought her a popcorn. MAN I WANTED THAT POPCORN SO BAD!
Well. Today has been good. I'm eased in. I'm ready for.... THE CLEANSE.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1 comment:
Proud of YOU! I've been thinking of doing this since I read about it a month ago. Two of my sisters did it and WOWSA they thought it was so empowering! Plus they felt so much better afterwards! I can't wait to hear more about your experience!
Post a Comment