Sunday, July 24, 2011

So Far So Good

So, I'm on day 2 of the ease in process. But first, I wanted to document a couple pictures from my trip to LA on Thursday. I didn't take many because I spent approximately 3 hours using public transportation to get myself from Long Beach Airport to CBS studios in Hollywood. I used my maps app on my phone, and had it on the entire time because I was completely paranoid that I might go the wrong way or miss a stop. First, I walked out of the airport to a bus stop. I got there JUST IN TIME! The bus took me to the metro. I took one line straight up to LA, where I passed through Compton. It might have just been in my head, but I was FREAKED out the entire time. I clutched onto my bag (I just had a carryon with me) and cell phone for dear life. I then switched from one metro line to another that took me closer to Hollywood where I then rode another bus to CBS studios. By the time I got there, there was only 20% battery left on my phone.

Anyway, after I met up with my friend Janee and some of her friends, we proceeded to wait in line for about 3-4 hours. It wasn't that bad. I got some sun, didn't get sunburned, and just relished the fact that I was on this spontaneous trip to LA. We FINALLY made it inside and were able to watch a live taping of SYTYCD. I sat right behind the judges table, and I think a couple times I am shown on camera. I was able to see Neil Patrick Harris and Snoop Dogg in the flesh, so that was exciting.

In front of the studio.

After that we freshened up and headed out to Santa Monica Pier.

There was some big concert going on, with a bunch of Australian bands playing. It looked like a lot of fun, but-

We had more important things to accomplish.
I drank 3 of these. That turned out to be a mistake.

So I thought I would document what it was that I ate yesterday. For breakfast I had a bowl of fruit salad (orange, peach, blueberries). It was very good, and I ate the whole thing. And I felt very satisfied.

For lunch I attempted to make a salad without dressing. I accidentally forgot to take a picture until I was half way done eating it. It was just alright. It was hard to eat a salad without dressing. I felt like a rabbit or something comping down on veggies. The green beans and lettuce are from my garden though! :)

In between lunch and dinner, I did an hour of yoga and then had a baked potato with salt and pepper. That was SO delicious. While I was eating it, my cat rushed inside with a hummingbird in her mouth. She sat it right next to me, and then mowed and purred for like 20 minutes.

She sat next to it, seeming so proud of herself.

Dinner was a little more exciting than my lunch. I came up with this idea to make Mexican veggie tacos. I mixed up some fresh corn cut off the cob, a roma tomato, red onion, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt.

And put it in a lettuce leaf like a taco. It started out tasting SO good. And then I noticed that the tomato tasted a little funny. Serves me right- getting a tomato from Winco. I ended up not eating all of it... about half.

After dinner I was feeling not very good. I could tell that I needed some protein and carbs. I ended up eating a whole orange about an hour or so later and drinking lots of water. I think it was just the fact that by the end of the day my body was definitely lacking the proper energy. I'm pretty sure that I consumed less than 1,000 calories yesterday.

After I went to lay down, I started to feel better. I watched the Bachelorette on hulu and went to sleep around 10:30. I woke up around 8:30 feeling very refreshed. I feel great right now. I ended up weighing myself this morning just to see if I had lost anything, and I have already lost 2 pounds. Like I said, I'm not trying to lose a bunch of weight. A couple pounds would be nice though.

So today is supposed to be just juice. I felt a little confused as to how to accomplish this, so I just bought some V8. I calculated the calories, and if need be, I can drink both of these bottles and not go over 1,200 calories.

Here's to day 2!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Alecia said...

In 2007 I ate raw-vegan for about a month (after being vegan for months and months) & I think that you're selling yourself short on variety. There are tons of recipes available online that will blow your mind. I know that you're switching to juices but there are lots of juice recipes too...I used to freeze bananas and make smoothies with those, frozen berries, kale, and a handful of nuts. Frozen bananas make smoothies SO creamy and good. You can get so many nutrients from kale and it barely changes the taste. It will make your poop green though...

I haven't ever done the master cleanse, read about it but I can't not-eat, I get really dizzy. If you end up feeling too shitty it would still be really beneficial to just do the living-foods diet for awhile, but I warn you, transitioning back to normal foods is pretty hellish. I stopped doing the raw-foods diet when I went out for my birthday, had grilled fish, veggies, and potatoes at a restaurant (fairly healthy for restaurant fare) along with like 5 vodka/sodas, I swear to science I've never felt worse than the next morning...and 5 drinks is probably the least I ever consume...

So, tread lightly I guess, but good luck! When I was only eating raw I've never felt better, it's just an extremely difficult lifestyle to keep up.

<3

Janee said...

I didn't know you took those pics in LA! Lol! Sorry you got sick, I felt so bad :(

Good luck on your cleanse! It looks intense! I've been kinda cleansing this week as well...no booze, no meat (not that I eat much of that anyway), no sugar. No sugar is KILLING me right now but I know from experience I feel great after giving my digestive system a rest.