Tuesday, July 26, 2011

First Day of The Cleanse

So, the easing in process proved to be very beneficial. My mind and stomach were very prepared to not eat any food today. I woke up today feeling VERY refreshed, trim, and light. I weighed in and discovered that I have lost 4 pounds.

I proceeded to make coffee and breakfast for John and Daphne, but quickly noticed that the laxative tea was kicking in. AND QUICK! I drank some last night, and will continue to do it every night until the cleanse is finished. So, as a result of the fast acting laxative, I was unable to make breakfast.

I made my first glass of the lemonade for breakfast. It was SPICY! I didn't think the cayenne pepper would have that much of an effect on the taste. And the grade B syrup is very rich tasting. I drank the first glass quickly, and felt no signs of hunger for hours after that. I ended up drinking another glass around 10:30, before taking off to the park so Daphne and I could have a picnic with John. I packed myself another glass of lemonade and drank it around 12:30 while John chomped on some home made grilled stuffed burritos I made for him.

John went back to work and Daphne and I hung around the park until 1:30, when I started to feel like I needed to get home to have some ice water.

I had my fourth glass just 20 minutes ago. Aside from a very slight headache, I feel totally fine.

I am disappointed in the taste of the lemonade though. If I were to give up early, it would be because of the taste of the lemonade not being very good- not because I needed to eat food.

I was telling a friend of mine yesterday about a cleanse that I was about to do. I described it to her and she replied with "oh, the crack juice diet?" I was confused, and she went on to say that it's sometimes referred to as that because of the energy you have while having no desire to eat. I have to say, this is so true. I have a good amount of energy, and really am fine without eating.

Anyway, I must get out and fertilize my garden. Part of me is now thinking that the timing of this diet wasn't very good. I have SO much fresh cilantro just waiting to be eaten! I think it'll hold over til next weekend though.

No comments: