Saturday, March 21, 2009

Stuff that's on my mind

As I was getting ready for bed tonight, John snuck into bed before me and fell asleep. I got into bed shortly after, and as soon as I layed down my stomach started growling. That happens a lot actually, I get very hungry right as I lay down to go to sleep. I usually manage to ignore it and fall asleep anyway, but my mind got to thinking about things and I couldn't doze off. So I decided to drink a can of slim fast and check out the internet to keep my mind busy. So, I'll write about some things on my mind.

First of all, my little Daphne is so cute. She is getting so big. I just love her so much. I miss her a lot when I work and she's in school all day. Even though she is right across the hall from me. I usually peek in on my lunch hour, but if she sees me she really wants me to stay and makes it really hard for me to leave again. I treasure the time I do get to spend with her.... nights and weekends. She is so smart, and learning so much in school. Her teacher taught her how to put on her jacket all by herself, she voluntarily cleans up her dishes after meals and offers to clean up mine and John's dishes too, she says please after everything and knows how to ask in a "nice voice". The other night she was having some Chef Boyardee type food that had "meat" in it. Daphne took a bite that had some of the meat in it, and then spit it back out saying "I not like poop". I guess she thought the meat looked like poop... which it did to be honest.

I have actually stopped eating meat so often. I do not eat pig meat anymore. I decided that pig meat is just unhealthy, and I'd much rather eat something else. I eat turkey bacon instead of regular bacon, and just don't eat any other type of pig. I eat a lot of turkey, chicken and fish now. I'd like to eat even less of that. I order vegetarian versions of food when we eat out... just because it sounds better to me. It's weird. I'm not trying to accomplish anything... I just don't want to eat meat that much. Veggie sandwiches are actually really delicious. You don't even realize there's no meat.

I also really really love my job. I know I've been talking about it a lot, but I just love it so much. My co workers are awesome, I work with so many cool people. I love "my babies". I have to put that in quotations or something or else it just appears weird... and saying "I love the babies I watch" is too awkward. I just call them my babies. They are so cute. One of them is almost walking. Well, he is walking. He can take a few steps at a time. I'll have to take some pictures of my classroom so you all can see it. It's pretty sweet.

John and I have been looking at some condos for sale in downtown Vancouver. We've seen a few we really like, so we'll see what happens.

I will try really hard to take some pictures and post them. I just don't think about it that much. Anyway- that's all for now.

4 comments:

mherzog said...

Here's a video on meat you may be interested in: http://meat.org

Amberly said...

I've already seen that video. Thanks.

Alecia said...

i miss your updates! and hearing about daphne, i want to give her many squeezes.

Brooke said...

I grew up not eating very much meat. Personally I think that fruits and veggies and whole grains make me feel the best. Then I add in meat as I feel. The hardest thing for us is getting enough protein in our diets with out eating meat since Eric can't eat beans. Still tryin to fifure that one out. Tell Daphne Happy Birthday for us. Her present should be there any day.