On Monday and Tuesday night, John and I went to a couple of concerts. When John's mom was visiting us we took her to drive around downtown Portland, when we drove passed a venue called The Crystal Ballroom. They announce who is playing there on a big sign out front. We saw that Franz Ferdinand was gonna be playing there and just HAD to get tickets. We were able to get some off Ebay (because they were sold out everywher else). That got to thinking about other bands we would like to see. We just saw the Killers play on the European Music Awards and they were AWESOME. I checked to see if they were touring and there happened to be a show in Seattle the day after Franz Ferdinand. So we got tickets to that too.
Both shows were awesome. A little hectic to have them back to back, but still fun. It was really cool to just drive downtown (a 10 min drive) to the venue to see Franz. It was an interesting night though. The show ended at 11pm, and we had scheduled our sitter til 12, so we decided to hit a bar for a drink. We ended up finding this really cool one not too far away that was having REALLY CHEAP appetizers. I mean CHEAP! Most their appetizers were only $1.95. We got chicken wings, a quesadilla and sushi for $1.95 each. And they weren't small either. Each of those could have been a meal. Needless to say, we'll have to back their again. After the bar, we were driving home when we passed the venue we saw the show at, and all of Franz Ferdinand was just standing out front by their tour bus. John got out and got the autograph of Alex Kapranos (lead singer). It was awesome!!!
If you don't know who Franz Ferdinand is, then shame on you. Nah, just kidding. Just check this out.
The Killers was great too. We didn't get any autographs or find any cool bars, but the set was great and we got to drive around downtown a little bit. It was great to see downtown Seattle again. We'll have to drive up soon and check out the waterfront market and stuff.
Yesterday I was leaving the gym with Daphne. I was putting on her jacket and she said "I push, empujen". Where does this kid learn this stuff??? Pretty soon she'll know more spanish than me!
Right now she is eating cat treats... so I better get off the computer.
2 comments:
That sounds awesome! Tyrell and I really miss going to shows. We're going to see The Killers next month, so I'm glad the show was awesome! Sounds like you guys are having fun out there... we're still just freezing our asses off here. I'm sure you miss it tons!
Mike went to high school & played on the golf team with The Killers lead singer! Awesome group!
Post a Comment