Friday, December 12, 2008

Cafe Sip N Play... Thank goodness SOMEBODY thought of this!!!

A friend introduced John and I to a place out here in Vancouver called Cafe Sip N Play. It is kind of the same idea of a McDonalds with a play place... but ten times better. The play area is HUGE with all kinds of toys and play equipment. While the rest of the cafe is seating with free Wi-Fi (I'm blogging from the Cafe right now).

You're welcome to lounge around as long as you wish while your child plays as long as they wish. The cafe offers a huge variety of items on their menu, so you can grab breakfast or lunch while you're there. I like to get the house coffee for $1.65 that comes in a ceramic mug with as many refills as I like. I can literally sip all day while Daphne plays. This place if FANTASTIC.

The only bummer is that you DO have to pay a fee if you want your child to play in the play area. But it's ok. Well worth the money. Also, it's kinda far, but that's ok too.

Another thing I like about this cafe is that it's very environmentally friendly, serving everything in reusable and washable dishware, and very organic and healthy. This serves as a great alternative to the park when it's too cold or rainy.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Nice. You guys are so lucky. We don't even have a park close by. Just a bunch of fields and Llamas, sheep, chickens and cows. Whoopee. We can go play in the mud any time, but who wants to slip in animal poop.