Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cannon Beach

In Oregon and Washington, houses and apartments don't really come with central air because it never really gets that hot. So, on days where it reaches about 90 degrees, I think the best thing to do is to hit the beach. Which is what we did on Sunday when it was suppossed to be 90 in Vancouver. We drove to the Oregon coast and spent the day at Cannon Beach. It was in the 70's, and really relaxing and fun. I don't know if this is a common Oregon Coast thing, but the beach extended really far out into the ocean, leaving lots of really really shallow water. Which was perfectly fine by me. Less for me to fear, and less for me to have to worry about Daphne. She was able to have a wide open area to just run around and play in about 1-2 inch deep water.









I think this rock is called "Haystack Rock".

The water is so clear I can see my feet right through it!

John and Daphne ventured out into deep waters once, I stayed back and took pictures of birds foot prints in the sand....









Daphne liked playing in the sand as much as she liked playing in the water.










Towards the end, it got really cold. Daphne and I kept eachother warm.

6 comments:

McGinnis Family said...

I am so jealous about your beach! It's beautiful! How cool is that?

Brooke said...

It looks like you guys had a good time! As far as Alaura doing preschool, she's got 6 kids in her class which I love! two 4 year olds, two three year olds and one little boy that turns 3 next month. She's the youngest but she loves hanging out with the older kids because she can talk with them and she loves to play imaginary and for some reason the kids her age (that we hang out with) are so far behind her, she refers to them as babies! She's already tracing her name and sings the ABC's 90% right! It's been great for me to have time to get the stuff I need done while I know that she's having a great experience. Daphne will love it and she'll do really well too I'm sure. She's a smarty too!!!

Alyson said...

If I wasn't jealous before I AM NOW!!

That's my beach! The beach I grew up on!!! That IS Haystack rock, and the smaller rocks around it are called the "needles".

How fabulous! There is not a nicer beach around! Hope you guys have fun!

Janee said...

Hey isn't that where they filmed "Goonies"? Beautiful! So jealous! Miss ya...

Melissa May said...

I love going to the beach! That picture of Daphne wrapped in a towel is soooo beautiful! You should frame it and put it up in the new house!

Rylie said...

Man what a beach! I am so jealous!! You guys look great! I hope you are having a blast!!

PS: I TAG YOU!