Sunday, August 17, 2008

I feel homeless in my home

We literally sold all of our funiture at our yard sale yesterday. Seeing as yesterday was the last weekend before we are moving, it seemed like the most logical thing to do. Except for the fact that we will be spending the next 3 days without ANY furniture. Except for a wooden filing cabinet from IKEA, which I still don't know why we kept it, a TV which will be giving away for free to our neighbor Charles, and our dining room table that can condense into practically nothing. This is leaving us with nothing to sleep on or sit on- except foldable camping chairs. Our computer is literally on the floor of our office, with me sitting here with the keyboard on my lap. On the floor.

We decided the best thing to do would be to all sleep downstairs, infront of the tv, which we could fall alseep to. Works very well with Daphne. As you can see, John and Daphne already fell asleep tonight, to the Little Einteins. We have put Daphne to sleep with us in our bed a few times before, and it always works well, so I have no qualms with doing this for a couple more nights. As for our hotel rooms we booked on our trip, they are all single rooms with double beds. Daphne will get her own bed, and John and I will get the other. I think it will work out well.

For some really good news... I was talking to John about my ankle tonight. I mentioned to him how I do not fell any pain, and I didn't know if that was common with sprains, or if I was suppossed to be in some kind of constant agonizing pain. So- he called his dad (a doctor for those of you who don't know) and his dad said it was ok to walk on a sprain if it didn't hurt. Just to take it easy of course. This came as a great relief. I have been depressed all day because I have not been able to do ANYTHING!!! I took it easy because I worked so hard during the yard sale, that I thought I needed to give my ankle a rest. But I nearly went out of my mind relying on John to do everything today. I am so glad now that I will be able to do more. I have been dying to get my hands on some packing and organizing. My ankle is still quite a bit swollen though, and blueish blackish in some areas. But no pain. I am doing well, Daphne's bee sting is completely healed, John's finals are OVER, I have my last hair appointment ever with my awesome hair stylist- Sunshine-tomorrow morning, and now I am going to pack my a$$ off. Ya-hoo!

You probably won't hear from me til we are settled in Washington.

3 comments:

Melissa May said...

I want to hear some Yard Sale stories once you are settled in your new place, LOL. GOOD LUCK with the move and the ankle and all that. Fresh starts are sooooo good for the soul! I just love change. Keep everyone posted!!!

Melissa May said...

Please send me your email address so I can invite you guys to my blog since I just changed it to private. My email is amcurtis77@yahoo.com

THANKS!

Melissa

Brooke said...

How was your trip? I can't wait to hear about it and see pics of your new place!