I wanted to send out a "thank you" to Natalie Koestar and Alyson Missledine for participating in my cooking group tonight. It went over very well, despite the 2 power outages we had from running the microwave! I also wanted to thank everyone who came over. I had a blast and love having people over. I loved having all my Lansing ward friends come over, as well as some new girls I haven't really spent time with, along with the awesome ladies from the Portland branch. It was just so much fun!
on another note:
Have any of you noticed how money makes the world go 'round? It truley does. John and I constantly are trying to be honest in all of our dealings- especially with money and purchases we make. We sit together and decide what it best for us financially. I really wish that others who dealt with us on such matters took into the same time and consideration as we did. It's a sad thought that money can cause such painful feelings between people- even family. My dad has a great saying: "It's just money." As wise as it sounds, sometimes it just goes in one ear and out the other for me. How can it be just money?- is what I say to myself. We need money to survive!!! But you know what? It truely is. I know that I may talk a lot about how much money we're going to have after law school and that I can't wait- but none of that matters if you put your money before your family. John and I are the poorest now than we ever have been together. We can't buy hardly anything we want. We go out on our dates once a week to Burger King- AND use coupons(!), and Sam's Club (to get the $8 pizza), WITH our daughter, come home and watch a movie on our couch. Our miscellaneous spending is almost non existant, and we go out on dates with our daughter to fast food joints, but I would say that our marriage is stronger now than ever. Stronger than when we had lots of money to spend. And with the little that we had, if I ever got into a financial situation with my family, where I owed them money- I would sacrifice that weekly fast food outing and put that where it belongs- to make ALL my dealings honest. Because it's just money. I wish that some people could say the same.
2 comments:
Post a Comment