Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Weekend

On Friday night we decided to go camping. Typical us, we got there just before 7pm and the sun was close to setting. No biggie. We quickly set up camp and got some tasty burgers on the grill and yummy beers in our tummies.


We sat by the fire and chatted it up while Daphne snoozed in the tent.







The next morning was delightful. I think I can only enjoy waking up at 7am on a Saturday when we're camping. Daphne took a liking to chopping our fire wood with the hatchet.





That evening, John and I went out to celebrate our friends b-day. We started out with dinner and drinks. I had the most AMAZING chicken peanut soup. I can't stop thinking about it! Then we went to a comedy club! We were able to watch Scott Thompson and Kevin McDonald perform!


Today- I had to deal with this. I have learned A LOT of things about planting tomatoes.


1) 22 tomato plants are too many
2) bigger tomatoes does not mean better
3) I need to leave more space in between the plants next time.
4) Romas are the way to go! More romas, less freakish monster tomatoes.

I will be up to my elbows in tomatoes this week as I try to turn it all onto tomato sauce.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Janee said...

Wow. Look at those tomatoes! I tried to grow tomatoes last year and they didn't get any bigger than grapes. You can't grow crap in the desert!