- Sweet potatoes
- Crock pot cooking
- Soups
- Stews
- Cooking with pumpkin
- Starting school again
- Sweaters
- The Holidays
- Citrus fruits being in season
- Cozying up inside and under lots of blankets
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Good-Bye Summer
I know a lot of people say this, but I am totally resisting fall. Why? Because I live in a part of the U.S. that sees approximately 2 weeks of real summer weather. In all seriousness, last week it was in the 90's and this week it's in the 60's. This year, I have been waiting all those long spring months for the weather to actually be HOT. It finally came just a few weeks ago and before I could even get tired of it, it was gone. As part of my resistance I kept telling myself that it would warm back up or that this was just some weather fluke. And then I started to get really bummed. Just this evening it was grey and rainy outside. As I was doing the dishes my mind started to wander off to all the things about fall that I LOVE. So as a way to pump myself up (and maybe another fall-resistant reader) I wanted to compile a list of all the things I'm looking forward to when fall officially starts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment