Thursday, August 25, 2011

Warning: Graphic Image!

So yesterday was pretty interesting.

First- I just wanted to show you this.





I made my own dishwasher detergent. AND when my laundry detergent runs out I'm making that too! So excited!

Ok- yesterday started out great. Woke up early, made breakfast, sent John to work, and started yoga by 8:30. And- Daphne had already shown me that she was writing a chapter book. Yeah. It's pretty amazing. I'll post more on that later cause I don't have pictures.

Anyway, I was doing yoga and Daphne was sitting next to me writing her book. All of a sudden I hear weird noises and I can't pin point what it was. I was in the middle of yoga, so I tried to let it go. The noises persisted, and I soon thought "that sounds like a bird flapping". Sure enough, it was. I went down the hall to see that my mean cat had dragged a bird inside.

It was sitting at the base of the steps, so I was sure it was almost dead. I'm practically standing there with my head right over it and it FLIES INTO MY BEDROOM!






Yes, it's brains are exposed.

Sorry. But I just had to share. So, I FREAK out, panic, and hyperventilate. John was already gone, so I called my brother (pretty much an expert in gross things). I was worried because this poor bird was obviously suffering, and needed to die. So I ask my brother "should I kill it?", to which he tells me that I could either stomp on it (YUCK!) or put it outside with the cat so she can finish it off. I chose the second option. I pick up the bird with a plastic bag, catch my cat, and take them both to the backyard.

I put the bird down but before my cat could get to it, the bird flies away into the trees! :(

And now! Recipes! Yay!

So I made some vegan cookies. Only because Daphne was most persistent on making cookies for daddy and I didn't have eggs. These turned out so yummy!

Vegan Strawberry Walnut Drop Cookies.






And look at this! What is it you ask? It's a plate of "spaghetti" for only 300 calories!







Spaghetti squash that is! Here is the short form version of the recipe:

Prepare one spaghetti squash (boil, bake, microwave, whatever)

In a skillet sauté some onion and garlic in Pam.

Add 7% fat ground beef. Cook until no longer pink.

Add 2-3 cups chopped summer squash.

Add one large can red pasta sauce.

Simmer for 30 minutes-1 hour (the longer you let it simmer the better it tastes!)

I placed 1.5 cups of the sauce on top of 1.5 cups of the spaghetti squash which equaled about 300 calories. And I didn't finish it all!

Enjoy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: