Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Day- Day 10

Yes. Today is the last day of this cleanse. I guess you could say that I am so happy that I'm speechless.

Well, first, I thought I'd share some random photos from today.

My cat has been catching a lot of birds lately. And bringing them to me. I opened the door to go outside and she burst in and plopped this bird at my feet. It startled me, just because I wasn't expecting it. I didn't know where to put it so I left it outside until John came home. Later John and I found her playing with it like a toy. YUCK.


Our cucumber plants are starting to produce a lot of regular cucumbers and pickling cucumbers. Very exciting. I found out that pickling the cucumbers is very easy and turned 3 of them into this-


Daphne spelled this all by herself. Most of the words are unidentifiable, but she got "clap" and "boom" correct!


Now back to my cleanse. So, today started out pretty normal. I woke up refreshed, had a lemonade, showered, had another lemonade, made Daphne lunch, she ate it outside and I sat with her, came inside to get ready to go to the library, packed myself some lemonades to take with me- and then all of a sudden I feel HORRIBLE. I felt like I ate something bad (but I didn't of course). I felt queasy and weak with a slight headache. It just came from nowhere.

I rested on the sofa to see if it would pass. It wasn't going away so I thought that maybe some calories would help me feel better so I drank a lemonade. That didn't help. Daphne was impatiently waiting for me to take her to the library like I had promised her so I forced myself through it and took her to the library anyway. Once we got inside I sat on a chair for about an hour while Daphne played and read. At about this point I started to feel a little better.

It was about the time that I would usually drink another lemonade, but my mind and body didn't want lemonade. I started to think about all the delicious food I could eat. I started to think about how I made it so far that eating something now would be ok. I started to think about cheeseburgers. "No body will know but me... But I'll know. I'll know that I didn't really make it 10 days." I was starting to feel better and better even though I wasn't drinking the lemonade I brought with me. I drank some water. After an hour and a half at the library we left and I was even feeling good enough to go to the grocery store to get the ingredients for my menu tomorrow.

We came home and I felt pretty weak so I rested on the bed for about 15 minutes. At that point I started to think about pickling the cucumbers and I couldn't stop thinking about it so I got up and did it. Luckily it was very quick and easy. So now it's about 5pm, John's on his way home from work and it had been 4 hours since I had my last lemonade. I knew I should do something, but I just did NOT want that stinking lemonade.

John came home and I talked to him about it. We entertained the idea of having a smoothie TONIGHT and then more smoothies tomorrow... but ultimately I decided to stick it out. John made me an altered version of the lemonade with mint leaves and without cayenne pepper. It tasted a little better but I still took about an hour to drink the whole thing.

I know I can make it. Tomorrow it will be over. I can go to bed soon and never have to have spicy lemonade again.

I am SO looking forward to my smoothie tomorrow morning. I bought some kale, mangoes, kiwis, bananas, and almond milk (thanks Alecia). I have a ton of strawberries in my garden to put in it too.

And then for dinner I'm going to make a soup with zucchini, green beans, carrots, and herbs from the garden and then add some potatoes, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and celery.

I am so done with this cleanse.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Your self control is amazing! Good job sticking it out. It sounds horrible! Can't wait to hear your thoughts once you get back on food.