Saturday, January 29, 2011

Estate Sale, Antique Shopping, and The Guest Bedroom

So, yesterday I dropped into an Estate Sale that was going on a street south of us... just to see what they had. I spotted a few things I wanted, but didn't have any cash. So I asked the lady to hold onto the items until I returned with John and some mula. Upon our return, we discovered a ton of other stuff we wanted. We walked out of there with a whole bedroom set for our guest room, three suits for John (in perfect condition), two ladders, two dining room chairs, a hose, and a neato mirror... for $135.

We spent today in downtown Vancouver rumagging through all the antique stores for treasures. I did manage to find this guy

AND it works!

We stopped by this place called Pop Culture. Their gimmick is an extremely wide variety of bottled soda. It's actually a really cool place. It's very laid back, and very kid/teenager friendly. I think it's cool, because it gives kids a place to hang out. It has a stage for bands to play at as well. These were the sodas we enjoyed

I stopped in to another antique store by myself to quickly check it out. I was really happy to see that this was still there
An owl cookie jar! I want him! I spotted him a few months ago, but haven't been able to convince myself to spend $68 for it... hopefully he'll hang around for a while longer.

I also saw these! I should have bought them. Salt and pepper shakers. They were cheap too.


I had mixed feelings about this. John and I keep running into these types of end tables... and we keep contemplating getting one for the living room.

I really wanted to buy this...


So ANYWAY- HERE is the bedroom set we got from the estate sale! In SUCH good condition, and straight from the 60's!!!



So here's a weird view of the guest room. I couldn't get that great of a picture with everything in it. I'm so excited to have a furnished guest room! We have big plans to refinish the furniture, repaint the walls, and decorate everything to look totally awesome.

2 comments:

Janee said...

How much was that pic of Joseph Smith?! What a find in Vancouver of all places! LOL!

I would have bought it and drawn a Hitler stach on him hehe :)

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

Looks like you guys made some good finds! You have really cool home decor style! I want pictures when everything's done and put together!