Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bacon Explosion

Ka-bow! Explosion.

So at John's work they have a potluck day once a month for that month's birthdays. Slightly joking, one of John's coworkers emailed everyone and said that someone should make something called "Bacon Explosion". Then John's boss said that whoever volunteered to make it would get $20. Of course, John was the first to volunteer. I think John replied in a matter of minutes. John is not one to turn down a challenge.

So on Wednesday night- a day and a half before potluck day, we went to Freddies and bought 3 out of the 4 ingredients needed to make this recipe.

Two pounds bacon, two pounds ground sausage, and BBQ rub. The fourth ingredient is bbq sauce, which we already had.
I believe the rest can be described in pictures.




(cooked bacon pieces and then bbq sauce drizzled on top)


I tried it. It turned out good. Tasted like sausage and bacon.
Ka-bow!

2 comments:

Janee said...

I just had a hot flash and vomited a little in my mouth looking at this.

Alyson said...

oh. my. heck. seriously? That is crazy! How do you eat something like that?