Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day

My mother's day was awesome. I awoke at 8:30 to John hooking up one of the tv's in our room, with Jamba Juice. The idea was breakfast in bed while we watched Daphne's First Year video (something we made a couple years ago). It was a great way to wake up. I then checked out my flowers that were waiting for me downstairs.
After that we got ready and went to a Mother's Day Brunch at Bonneville Resort. That's a very beautiful resort about 40 miles east of Vancouver up the Columbia River Gorge.

Daphne was pretty funny during the whole event. She started out like this...
But ended up wiggling all over the place in bored desperation that looked a little like this...


Anyway, it was really funny. Between all that, she did manage to eat some strawberries and a pastry.
Mimosas
Here's a little of what was served at the buffet: scrambled eggs, bacon, roasted potatoes, RIPE fruit, crepes with cream filling of some kind, chicken salad sandwiches, spinach vinagerette salad, sliced tomatoes with mozzarella and pesto, shrimp cocktail, salmon... they also had chicken and asparagus, prime rib and bagels. It was seriously so delicious. There wasn't one thing that I didn't like.
And chocolate eclairs for dessert. There were other things, but I was so stuffed I could only eat half of one of these.
Daphne took this one.
A random pic of the resort. It was really really nice. After brunch, John booked me a massage! I got a hot/cold stone back massage. It was excellent!
We took a peek at the Bonneville Dam afterwords.
John also cleaned out my car from the inside out. Needless to say I was really really spoiled today. Thank you John for making me feel so loved! For dinner we're having Greek style pizzas! Yum!

4 comments:

Alyson said...

I'm thinking John is a SAINT! What an awesome husband!

Brooke said...

Looks like you had a great Mothers day!!! Happy Mothers Day!!!!!

Janee said...

Looks like you had an awesome Mother's Day! Omg that brunch looks amazing, hmmmm...

McGinnis Family said...

wow! What an awesome, great, fun, and thoughtful Mothers Day!!!! I love the different shots of Daphne! So cute and funny!