John was sworn in on Wednesday- May 6th. Luckily, I was able to bring my camera!
Here's the man of the hour. Does he look like a sleezy attorney yet?

Being presented to the Judge by his boss.


Taking the oath. It was really long. And Daphne didn't take her nap at school that day, so she was really really honory right before it started. I didn't know if she would behave herself.

Signing some paper... making it official or something.

After it was over everyone clapped, and I whispered into Daphne's ear (who was sitting on my lap) to say "Yay Daddy!"- but she didn't say anything, and then her head dropped as if she was nodding off. She actually fell asleep during the time it took for him to do the oath.

Judge Schreiber and John.

Happy hour at Shannahan's afterwords.

I was completely touched by how many of John's friends and co-workers came to see John become a lawyer. In the short amount of time we've been here, we managed to fill a court room with people who care about us.
After everything was said and done, John asked the Judge if he could say a few words. He thanked the Clark County Prosecutor's office for all they did, and then thanked his current boss and co-workers. Just as I thought he was done, he pulled out some beautiful flowers and gave them to me, thanking me for helping him through law school and passing the bar- infront of everyone. It was seriously one of the most romantic things he's ever done. Two girls (some friends of ours) were sitting behind me, and I looked back and they were crying! It was so funny.

Here's a pic of me in case any of ya'll are interested. Daphne took it!
4 comments:
We are just so stocked for John. What a great day I bet that was. I can't believe he is a lawyer!! CRAZY! How sweet to give you flowers too! Oh I just miss your guts!
I'm so happy you guys feel so at home there. Wish we had been there! Way to go Jhn!!!!!!!!
Aw, that was really sweet of John :) We are so happy for you guys! I'm glad someone from our class is officially a lawyer now, LOL!
That was very sweet of him to give you flowers and thank you in front of everyone!!! That's so very, very thoughtful!!! What a great guy!
Post a Comment