Well I guess the biggest news around here is the snow. I guess it's not common for Portland to get several inches of snow and it's creating quite the chaos. I posted a picture of our front door with a few snow flakes on it a few days ago, but that scenario has changed a lot. We have at least a foot of snow now all over. It's been snowing for a week. I love it. I love the snow. I think the big snow flake chunks falling slowly and silently through the sky and landing on the trees and soft white fluffy snow is the most beautiful sight in the world. It's actually MORE beautiful here than Michigan due to all the evergreen trees.
Anyway, I think today has been the worst so far, as far as trying to get around. There aren't many snow plows, so the only roads plowed are the really busy streets. I went out to the gym earlier this morning, and then to run an errand and I was able to get around just fine. But, after I came home John and I decided to get some groceries. Well, it had been snowing all day and everything was covered in snow. We got stuck twice while driving around and then decided we needed to put on our chains. We were fine after that.
But as I sit here and watch the news, I am being informed that the snow is more of a nuisance to others. Flights to and from PDX are delayed and cancelled, which means tons of people are sleeping in the airport. People were stranded in the Portland train station as well. This is so unfortunate for all these people trying to get to their families for Christmas.
Something incredibly ironic about all this though: Kyle, Margaret and Lydia (John's family) decided to drive here for Christmas when John and I tried relentlessly to persuade everyone to fly. The drive is very long, and the flight is very short- but obviously more expensive. They all decided to drive and are leaving tomorrow morning. As long as they have chains, they should be fine.
Anyway, here are some pictures of our beautiful white Christmas in the making.
3 comments:
It is beautiful!!! How fun!
Your house looks so beatiful! I love lights mixed with the snow!
Post a Comment