I think it is common knowledge that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th. If one were to take a few minutes to see what some of the opinions are as to when he was actually born, it would be no surprise that every opinion is different and they all make it very clear that there is no way to pinpoint the actual date. Some say it could have been in September while others came to the conclusion that November was a more realistic time. Others believe it was in the Spring during the time of new birth and life.
Anyhow- Merry Christmas. Happy Yuletide. Happy Winter Solstice. Happy Chanukah. Hapy Kwanzaa. Happy Everything!
1 comment:
Something I learned this Christmas was that one of the reasons "Shepherds were abiding in their fields" was that it was lambing season- otherwise, they'd be in bed, not out in their fields! That happens in the Springtime, around April. Makes sense to me! Especially when the tip came from someone who's helped deliver lambs before. That is something I don't think I'd ever like to try...
Post a Comment