Isn't it nice to just sit inside by a warm fire in the fire place when it's cold outside?
Just kidding, that's a channel on our On Demand... It has a fire and Christmas music. Pretty much like the real thing, only not bad for the environment!
She has also been helping us eat them.
I like to put up my decorations the day after Thanksgiving, like most people. About a week before hand I start brainstorming where the tree will go. It seems that just about every Christmas we've had together, we've been in a new house/apartment/townhome, so it's always a new adventure when it comes to Christmas tree placement.
This year when I started talking about where to put it, I mentioned moving a couple things to make more room for a tree. BY JUST A COUPLE INCHES and I could see the anxiety building up in John. Now, I say this in the most indearing way possible. I think it's really funny and cute. John does not like to move furniture. It's like once we move into a new place, and we've set the furniture down, it shall never be moved or rearranged again. Just talking about moving it upsets John's feng shui or something.
John also doesn't like to put out decorations, because to him it feels like there is a bunch of extra tacky clutter laying around our house. He also HATES putting up lights. Just like the tree, I had to brainstorm where I wanted to put up some lights. Just mentioning putting some on the inside edge of our front window made him start to sweat a bit. He doesn't like to put holes in anything just to have lights.
Well this year I was able to find a good spot for the tree, right in front of the window, that only caused us to move our chair over a couple inches. John was ok with that. I put up some decorations without it looking to overcrowded and put up Christmas lights myself. I took a staple gun and hung some around our back patio and then some on the railing on the stairs out front. John and Daphne watched as I did it and I think John actually got in the Christmas spirit a little because it was him that suggessted getting some king of big lighted decoration for our porch! We got one of those reindeer that light up and move their heads.
I asked John the other night- if he didn't have me around would he do anything Christmas-y? His reply was that he'd maybe put up a snowglobe.
Anyway, check out the snowman Daphne and I made!
Just kidding... hehe
9 comments:
You are so hilarious! Mike is just like John- he wouldn't put up decorations either. Maybe a stocking... the night before Christmas. Are you going to put up a picture of your tree all decorated? What does Daphne think of it, is she used to it now?
We made sugar cookies too! Brooklyn just licked off all the frosting and sprinkles. Then she opened a sprinkles thing and got them all over the carpet. :)
Lol...Dan is like that too. If I weren't around he wouldn't do anything Christmas-y. You guys look like you're having fun! I'm jealous, this year sucks because of the move and all, I haven't even put up any decorations yet! How depressing...
I love the new fireplace! Very Eco friendly and still inviting!
I'm curious, comments have been disappearing and sometimes disabled for some posts. I'm not trying to start crap but I'm just wondering what it accomplishes to delete things every time someone doesn't agree with you. I thought (and this could be wrong) that your blog was all about equality, etc and yet no freedom of speech? I really enjoy your views and your blog rocks but this just didn't make sense. I'm sorry if it's not a subject you want to come up. I'm sure you know how to delete my comment.
I deleted and disabled comments from my untitled post about the whiskey getting stolen. That is the only post I have deleted and disabled comments on. I never delete any other comments, no matter how ignorant or illogical they may have been. I always keep them even if they completely insult me.
However, I will not keep comments on my blog that call me a racist bigot. Especially by some anonymous commentor who can't even identify themselves. That post was meant to be just a funny little random note. Nobody knows the circumstances of what happened besides me, my husband, and our neighbors. Nobody besides us knows the circumstances related to the "whiskey theif's" sexuality.
The commentor didn't make any sense, and obviously doesn't read my blog regularly to be suggesting that I am a bigot. I will not tolerate that on my blog. If people wish to dig into what I say, they need to be prepared to explain themselves instead of calling me hateful things.
So, other than that, people are free to comment as they wish and I hope they continue to do so.
I understand. Thanks for keeping up such a great blog!
I never called you any name, especially not a racist bigot (I don't think you are). What I said made sense, and I wasn't trying to attack you. I simply wanted to point out that what you said could be construed as offensive. The way we say things sometimes conveys messages that we do not intend. Saying that your the person was bisexual made a distinction that was implying that his/her bisexuality was relevant to the theft. Look at the news, and often times when a distinction is made there is a subtle message that often times is unfair to a particular person or group. For example, race is often only mentioned when it is a minority group and something illegal occurs, and a similar thing happens with sexuality. It is something important to keep in mind. I'm sorry if I came across as attacking, but it is important to understand and something we can all work on.
It's so annoying when people take things so seriously, especially when they're taken out of context. Your commentors must not know you guys very well to have possibly derived that meaning from that post.
Seriously, what's all this hypersensitivity about freedom of speech and political correctness on here??? It's a personal blog for crying out loud.
I'm just curious is Just a, a part of a minority group, gay, bisexual?
And Ask anything - she doesn't have to have a reason or explanation for doing anything on here. Just because they believe in equality doesn't mean they have to put up with every dumb thing someone says on here. The tone of your comment really bugs me.
Sorry Amberly, didn't mean to go off but these comments just really annoyed me. Why are people picking apart every little thing you say and do on here?
I love gay people. Whether they're half gay or all gay. I think gay people rock. And ANY time I come across a gay person, I'm gonna point it out. Their sexual orientation had nothing to do with any theft, it was just a topic of conversation and was funny for John and I to point it out. If you didn't understand my intentions (or my lack of intention to make it seem like their bisexuality had anything to do with the missing whiskey) than you just don't know me... which is sad for you because I am pretty awesome.
But it's no biggy. I still think what you said was pretty retarded and way more offensive than what I said, so I deleted it.
I really want to make cookies with Alaura...but I don't know if that'll happen this year. With everything that's been going on I'm just glad that Eric and Alaura got the tree up. :) I never got a chance to congratulate John on the possibility of keeping his internship position...I hope that works out. Alaura talks about Daphne all the time and about her sleepover with her ;)
Post a Comment