Friday morning while jogging, 1 mile into my run, I stepped on something unsturdy with my right foot which sent me tumbling to the ground with great momentum. I didn't just fall, I skid. With my whole body. It was like I was sliding to home base. As soon as this happened, I felt my ankle roll as I had stepped on the unsturdy object. After I hit the ground, I knew my ankle hurt and that I couldn't walk on it. I immediately got up and started limping and then hopping home. I saw my ankle swell to unimaginable sizes in the few minutes it took me to hop up the street towards my house where John was with Daphne preparing breakfast. I got about two houses away, and I just couldn't make it any further. It doesn't seem that far when you're walking normally, but when you have to hop, on one foot, it seems like miles.
I started screaming John's name hoping that a window was open and that he'd hear me and come out. But that didn't work. I then saw a man walking down the street towards me, with my house between he and I. I knew my only hope of getting John outside to see me was to call out to this man to knock on our front door. As he got infront of our house, I asked him to do so. Now, this man is unique. I actually see him walking up and down our street everyday. He's old and walks slow, and I've never heard him speak. He walked slowly up to our front door and got John outside. As this is happening I see my ankle swelling even bigger.
John comes walking out towards me, bare foot, and I tell him I fell and hurt my ankle really bad. I don't think he thought anything of it until he saw my giagantic ankle. He picked me up, carried me to the car, got Daphne and the breakfast he had prepared, and we headed down to Sparrow.
I had to get X-rays, and luckily I didn't break it. Just a sprain. Also good news, we were only there for about 2 hours. I think when they know exactly what's wrong with you, like when you have an obvious sprained ankle instead of some stomach pain for no reason, you're more likely to get out of there a heck of a lot sooner. I did get an air splint and crutches to use for the next 4 weeks.
The day before our yard sale. The day of John's last final. And the weekend before we're suppossed to pack up our house and drive across the country.
Convenient.
I have some pictures off my cell phone, but I can't get them onto my computer. I'll post them ASAP. They're incredible.
3 comments:
Man. What timing.
I'm glad that it's npt broken, but that doesn't make the timing any better. Sorry about your foot. Hope you're feeling better soon. Can't wait to see the pics!
That SUCKS!
Post a Comment