Thursday, July 10, 2008

random pictures

John's cell phone takes pretty good pictures. We find ourselves using it when our camera isn't handy and I've been wanting to post some of them for a while. So, these are just some random pictures taken within the last few months.


(Daphne loves her stroller, and loves pushing it around outside with her "baby" in it. That's actually some very weird looking stuffed animal.)
(Daphne trying out a bed when we went furniture shopping)


This is a mexican food place in Old Town Lansing called

Pablo's Panaderia.

John and I saw it one day while riding our bikes and decided we had to try it. It turns out the owner is from Pueblo Mexico-where John served his Mission. I was so pleased by this place because I thought good Mexican food was non-existant in Lansing, even Michigan. But this place takes the cake. I would say it's probably the best Mexican food restaurant I've EVER eaten at. So all you Lansing people- go check it out, especially those who are leaving soon.

(downtown at a Blue's on the Square concert)This is another place all you Lansing people have to give a try before you go. We pass it all the time and just went there for the first time a couple weeks ago. It's called TWISTERS on waverly road. And they have every kind of soft serve ice cream you can imagine. And it's pretty cheap. Here I am modeling the Mocha Cappuccino in a waffle cone. YUM YUM!
Daphne enjoyed regular chocolate.

Another great part of living in downtown Lansing, is taking regular walks, and then coming across a GAY PRIDE FESTIVAL. Of course we HAD to go in! Seriously, it was awesome. It was just like some hippy love fest, with rock and roll music. I was just some band doing covers of bands like Led Zeppelin.

(ordering dinner on our anniversary)
(John's fathers day dinner)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Daphne's getting soooo stinkin cute and big.

Janee said...

I've always wanted to try that Mexican place...there's a trailer called Oasis by our house that has pretty good authentic Mexican food too.