Monday, July 28, 2008

Failed

The door knob covers I bragged about in my last blog have failed. Not only could Daphne take them off the door, but she could also put it back together. Needless to say, I returned them to Target. The customer service lady asked if there was anything wrong with them and I said "my two year old took them off the door, and put them back together again." I don't think 'child proof' is the correct term for this product. I then went to Babies R Us, and purchased a more "high tech" version, which I was sure was going to do the job, since they were twice the price. Well, those failed too. The trick to these ones is that you squeeze two little things at the bottom, which grips the door knob and opens the door. I put it on, took Daphne into the room, and asked her to try it out. She grabs the to little levers at the bottom, and opened the door on first attempt.

I guess I'm back to square one.

4 comments:

Alyson said...

Dang! My sister swears by those things! Maybe Daphne is just smarter than your average kid.

Brooke said...

That's so funny!!! I just tell Alaura which doors she can and can't open...I put a child gate up on her bedroom door when she goes down for "nap time". She hasn't gotten out yet...Ofcourse if she pushed on it very hard at all it would probably fall over ;)

Amberly said...

Yeah. If you told Daphne which doors she can and can't open, she'd open them anyway.

Amberly said...

Just like her ol' mom!

~A