Friday, May 9, 2008

my first 5k race

daphne is stretching with me. i thought this was the cutest thing i've ever seen. she was able to touch her toes WAY easier than me, too.
waiting to start. it took forever AND i was so cold. look at me shivering in the front!
coming down the home stretch. it was SO tired by this point!
2nd place in my division!
i ended up coming in at 26 minutes and 31 seconds. my first mile was just under 7 minutes. my second was just over 9 minutes and my 3rd was about 10 minutes. i'm totally gonna start training for the next one that Cooley is putting on in June! I can't wait- it was SO much fun!

7 comments:

Jensie Simkins said...

that is an awesome time! my first 5k took almost twice that long.... dangit.

Rylie said...

Way to go Amberly!! My miles take like 13 minutes each.....hahaha

Brooke said...

Wow! That's awesome. I can't even imagine running that much...I guess I'm out of shape

Natalie Service said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Nice work!
Ian and I ran the Cooley 5k a couple years ago and had a blast. I mean, who cares if they were taking down the finish line by the time I actually crossed it, it was still fun!

Ian says 5k's turn into 10k's and the next thing you know - you're training for a full marathon. Well, at least, that's what happened to him. It only got me to a 10k and I was fine with that!

Again - nice work! You and Daphne deserve that metal!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

I am impressed. I really want to sign up for a race. You have motivated me just a little bit more. I love that Daphne is stretching with you. So cute!

Janee said...

Nice job! I'm SO afraid I'm going to die doing this triathlon - what the heck did I get myself into?!

Alyson said...

What the heck? I am so out of the loop. I thought you didn't like to run!! Good job!