Monday, March 31, 2008

April Fools

yes yes... it was an april fools joke. i am not pregnant. but let me tell ya, i am so touched by all the well wishes through comments and phone calls i received! i had no idea my post would generate so much attention in just one day. i posted my joke about a day early because i thought no one would believe me if i posted it on april fools day. so my reasoning was to post it the day before, and then admit my april fools joke on the actual day. apparently it worked really well! i admit i started to feel bad after i saw how many people believed me... i seriously thought that everyone would know i was joking, considering well, that's it's me. i think this is almost as funny as burger king's left handed whopper.
one year my parents gathered us kids around the table on april 1st when i was about 10. they explained to us that they were adopting a child from africa. we totally believed them for like 10 minutes, until we were made clear it was an april fools joke.

anyway- i got you all! haha!

happy april fools day!

8 comments:

Kim said...

You are too funny! Craig told me late last night he had seen your blog and that you were pregnant. I couldn't believe it. That is a great April fools joke!

Camie, Juan, and Leyna said...

When I was the one to call and tell Brooke and Eric and your parents didn't even know, we started to think it was an april fools joke. That was a good one though! I like the idea if you were really pregnant with the oven picture. lol!

Brooke said...

LOL eric refused to acknowlege it when he called you last night. He wanted to see if you broke first. We didn't want to be wrong and be rude...I'd rather error on the polite side...Good one though!!!! Happy April fools day!!!!

Alyson said...

You totally stink! I knew it couldn't be true!

Rylie said...

Hahahaha Amberly you are hilarious! What a great joke!

Natalie Service said...

Good one! Why didn't I think of it!?!? OH, because I already am!

YOU ARE FUNNY!!!!

Janee said...

Totally got me - BUT you didn't get Dan! As soon as I told him he was like - nah, they're probably just messing with everyone! LOL...

Janee said...

I just looked at the comments - Alyson totally called it hahaha :)