So last night was pretty interesting. Although I had been gone all day and John was stuck at home with Daphne, he still let me go out to a jewelry party that my friend Laura was hosting for a company called Lia Sophia. I usually don't like to go to those types of partys because although I get to eat yummy food and hang out with my friends, I feel like I'm suppossed to buy something. I hate that. But, Laura made this great Spinach dip and I probably ate half of the tray, and I got to hang out with my friends. So although the lady selling the jewelry was SO BORING, I still had a fun time. I feel really bad though because their was this game... I made Rylie open this box that could have had lots of different things in it, like candy, jewelry, or a paper that says you have to sign up to host a party. I had picked one out and I was hoping it was candy. But if you open it and it says you have to host a party, suppossedly you HAVE to do it. No one else wanted to open a box and I was convincing Rylie to open one so I wouldn't be the only one doing it. The girl had picked out Rylie's box for her and I got candy and Rylie got the paper that said she had to host a party. We were all pretty ticked that she got manipulated by both that girl AND myself to host a party. Sorry Rylie!
Anyway, Daphne is sick today and I will be staying home with her all day- which means no play group! I'm so sad. I look forward to play group all week. Oh well. Daphne is sitting on my lap now playing with these stuffed animals I just got her. They make their animal sound when you push their bellies. I got these at Target from the dollar section, so I highly recommend that all you mom's go out and get them before they're gone because Daphne LOVES these things. I got her a dog, cat, cow, duck, pig and this bear that I wasn't originally going to get. When you push it's belly it sounds like someone is dying. But I told John about it and he told me to go back and get it. So I did. It's seriously scary sounding, I might not give it to Daphne cuz she might get weirded out. I'll take a picture of these things and post it. They are seriously so cute, AND Daphne has learned a lot from them. Before she used to mix up the animals and their sounds. I would ask her what a dog says and she would say "mooo". Now she doesn't get them confused at all. So ya, these things are awesome.
Another funny thing that happened yesterday: I had just gotten home from cleaning a clients house and it was about 4:30. John was watching Daphne and had informed me that she didn't eat any lunch and just fell asleep on him at 12:30. So in my mind I'm thinking Daphne must be starving. I was holding her and told her in a comical way "come on Daphne lets go make dinner so you don't die!" and she goes "die! die! die!" She's been big on repeating us lately. Another time John was calling for me saying "honey!" and Daphne repeated him and said "noney!" She is just the cutest little thing.
So I've been working on expanding my cleaning business. I actually only have 2 clients right now and I just wanted to get a couple more to help save for our move in August. So, whenever I'm out somewhere I go to nice neighborhoods and pass out my card. This has proved to be pretty successful! I have two appointments this week to give estimates. If these pan out to be steady clients, I'm well on my way and should only need one or two more. I'm excited. I really do like cleaning way more than child care. I can work at my own pace, I can work on a flexible schedule, I'm my own boss, and I don't have to be personable. Don't get me wrong, I am a personable person, it's just really hard to satisfy people when it comes to their children. It's a very personal and sensitive area and I'd rather just not mess with it. If I mess up on cleaning someone's shower, it's way easier to cope with than not taking care of someone's child the exact way they wanted. Along with all of that, I recently went out for an interview to watch the children for this one family. They have 4 kids and live way out in Okemos. I would have watched them from 7:30-5pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, with great pay, but I couldn't bring Daphne. They really wanted to hire me but I turned down the job. Although it would have added great work experience to my resume, this just isn't what I want to do.
So today is quite gloomy, cold, and snowy. I have lots of housework and homework to catch up on, and with Daphne being sick (all she wants to do is lay on the couch), I'm declaring it Pajama day. I'm gonna be in my pj's all day, hopefully it will make it more fun. Maybe I'll post a picture of us in our pj's.
5 comments:
They didn't want you to bring Daphne? Well, what's the point then? I thought the whole idea of doing childcare when you're a stay-at-home mom is so you can be with your kids!
I had a blast last night hanging out with everyone. No worries!! I am sorry to hear Daphne is sick, I hope she feels better!!
1. LOL - that's a funny story about Rylie, poor girl!
2. Haha - everyday is pajama day for me!
3. I agree with Aubrey, what kind of retarded people won't let you bring your kid to a child care job?
Sorry to hear Daphne's sick. Alaura's sick too. No fun. I'm glad that the cleaning business is working out for you. I don't know where you find the energy though. I have a hard enough time cleaning my own house :) Give Daphne our love
Hey didn't you take any pictures of your trip to Joe's Gizzards? How did you like it anyway i want to KNOW!!!!!
Post a Comment