Tuesday, September 11, 2007

this and that

we haven't had to run our air conditioner since sunday. how sweet is that?

also, john has gotten grades back from two of his 5 classes and they were both A's. I'm so proud of my A earning smarty pants. also he was one point away from booking one of those classes.

so there's some good news. now here's some grypping...

i hate medicaid. it's alright if you don't need an appointment right away, or if you don't need a referral to a specialist. and i guess it's pretty sweet that we only have to pay a dollar or two if anything for prescriptions and visits. but, i have been trying to get a referral to a dermatologist for a week now and i still haven't seen one. i was referred to one a while ago, but the office suddenly closed which left lansing with NO dermatologists who accept medicaid. how can there not be one dermatologist in lansing who will accept medicaid??? i have to drive to ann arbor to go to one IF i can get an approval to go. AND i had to find out all this information myself. Also there is only one dentist in lansing who accepts medicaid and we called to get our appointment in july and the soonest appointment was in october.

in my eyes, this is ridiculous. i know a lot of people who are on medicaid are trashy and have no future in sight of getting off medicaid, but people who are in law school or medical school- busting their butts off to get a better education to contribute to society should not be subjected to this. they should have a seperate system for people like us, students and stuff in grad school. i've never been in situations like these and i can't wait until law school is over for this reason alone.

my gym membership has also ran out- it runs out every three months and then i have to apply again to get the cheap membership. so i have to wait for them to approve my application ad during that time i can't go to the gym. so i'm bumbed about that too.

but to end on a good note, i have passed two of my classes already this term so i'm glad about that. i'm working on a research paper now that i'm pretty excited about. so til next time...

1 comment:

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Amen about the Medicaid stuff- and dang I hate the offices that don't understand that medicaid doesn't usually require copayments. I've received 2 bills from our pediatrician and each time I am like... uh, we're totally covered so I'm not paying $432. Thanks. Luckily we live in ghetto-ville so it seems like nearly every office around takes Medicaid. I hate how they call all the time to make sure we still don't have insurance or to make sure Brooklyn is going to the doc regularly! I mean come on, we're poor, we're not stupid! :)
Maybe I'll write in to our governor about state student insurance programs. I like that idea.
And yes, I do think you are weird for not liking the sun, but people think I'm weird that I don't mind sweating. To each his own, I suppose.
Daphne is a babe. I love reading your blog!