Friday, February 24, 2012

Dr Oz Green Smoothie: Review

Yesterday morning I made a green smoothie using the recipe Dr. Oz once used on the Oprah show.

When I stumbled upon this recipe, I thought to myself "if Dr Oz made it for Oprah, it MUST be good!"

Granted, in the article which features the smoothie recipe it does say that the taste may be off-putting. However, I consider myself a Smoothie pro.

I whipped all the ingredients in my Vitamix and viola. One thing I noticed immediately was the Smoothie was very foamy. I took the first sip and liked it right off the bat. However, the longer it sat there, the more it started to separate. Not good. The foamy top layer was too "fibery" for my taste.

All in all, I'd say I need to go back to the drawing board and see what I can do to revamp this drink. It's good a good base of ingredients, but something is definitely wrong.




Now I know why Oprah said the smoothie tasted "fresh" and not "delicious!"

It was definitely a struggle to drink the whole thing. Stay tuned for a Dr Oz Green Smoothy Makeover!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: