It's so interesting to get a change of scenery out east. Much more open, less trees, and very beautiful.

Daphne said this is her "cool" face... I have no other words.

We got in Friday evening, went to sleep, and then woke up and had a nice breakfast that consisted of fruit and aebleskivers (pancake puffs). After the aebleskivers turned out to be such a hit, I now must have an aebleskiver pan.
There are often small herds of wild turkeys roaming through their backyard...

After breakfast we headed into the small town of Dayton (neighbor to Waitsburg), for a parade down Main street, which Grandpa Kyle was in.
We then played at a park and soaked up the sun.


After that, Grandpa and Mimi took us to a memorial of some sort. It's a big lot of metal silhouette statues of the Lewis and Clark party. Apparently they made camp at or near this exact spot on their journey back from the Oregon coast. Pretty cool.

Deep in thought...

Glad to see some thinkers were among the small conservative town.

Next up was lunch at a deli/bakery in Dayton (food was SO good). The rest of Saturday was spent relaxing, and goofing around. I got a 2 hour nap in that day and it felt SO wonderful.

Another masterpiece by Daphne.

John took me on a lawn mower ride- F.U.N.

Sunday we headed out to Walla Walla in hopes to catch the farmers market and the batting cages. Neither of those ever came to pass, unfortunately. We did end up at a new restaurant downtown that was pretty yummy.


We also played a make shift softball game. Fun times.

Sunday night we had some a-mazing Cajun food in Waitsburg.
Monday we were able to squeeze in some croquet. What a fun game. We'll have to get us a croquet set.



I nearly won but got myself out by going through one of the loops when I was poison. I kept doing stuff like that all weekend, especially when we were playing pool. Oh well.

Waiting for the BBQ...

Of course we couldn't leave with out having some good ol' fashioned bbq'ed hamburgers.

Needless to say, we had a blast! Grandpa Kyle and Mimi never fail to show us a good time.
I am glad to be back home and snuggle in my own bed with this cutie.

I can tell she definitely missed us.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1 comment:
What a fun weekend! Washington is so beautiful! How far away is that from Spokane? I'm totally clueless about the area...
Post a Comment