So, there are a TON of pictures from our trip to Disneyland. Now that all is said and done and we are back into reality, I have to say that this was a FANTASTIC family vacation! We had loads of fun.
Above the clouds in Portland

Hello sunny California!

We arrived on Wednesday afternoon, and to not waste any time, we headed into the park around 3pm that day. The first ride we went on was Tower of Terror. I was a teeny bit worried that Daphne would get freaked out, but we took our chances anyway. Well, she did GREAT and LOVED the ride. She asked to go back on it all the time.
We then also rode the Toy Story right in California Adventure on Wednesday
We had a yummy dinner that night at some Italian restaurant inside the park. The next day we stopped by City Hall inside Disneyland so that Daphne could get a birthday button and a special birthday call from Goofy.
We then headed back to California Adventure to have a special breakfast at Ariel's Grotto.
Daphne got to meet Ariel, who is her favorite Disney princess.
The breakfast was wonderful! We had fruit, pastries and cheese, Belgian waffles, eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon, coffee and orange juice. It was so cool... some guy acting in character would come out every 5 minutes and announce Princesses. The princesses all walked around the restaurant, making sure to meet all the kids. Daphne loved it!
Then, a group of guys came out and gave Daphne a brownie/cake and sang to her. Can you see she is just a little excited?
The rest of the day was spent trying to ride as many rides as possible, and making sure that Daphne felt special. Here, we're on the Nemo ride.
Daphne had no problem riding the Matterhorn either.
It's a Small World
That night we were able to watch the World of Color show. I guess it was pretty cool. Maybe it's just a little overrated... but still cool. Daphne liked it a lot.
Daphne even rode Space Mountain, AND waited in line for an HOUR to do so. We kept telling her that the wait would be long, but she was bound and determined to ride it. And she wasn't scared at all! I don't know if you can see her face in the picture, but she has the funniest smile on her face.
Daphne REALLY enjoyed the train that went around Disneyland.
And of course we met Mickey.
On Friday night we ate at the Rain Forest Cafe. That was really fun!
Here we are at the Blue Bayou, the restaurant that is inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Man oh man, that was SO much fun. I had the jambalaya and John had this AMAZING salmon. The atmosphere was so cool, and the service was amazing. Probably the best restaurant service I've ever had. Here Daphne is enjoying some chocolate mousse they brought out for her birthday. She didn't enjoy it much... I bet Daphne really enjoyed all the attention. Every restaurant we ate at, we told them we were celebrating Daphne's birthday, so they would always come out, sing, and give her a free dessert.
The Teacups
I'm going to put up another post with all the pics from my phone... it'll just be too hard if I try to consolidate it all...
2 comments:
I can't believe what a little daredevil Daphne is! Seriously, I get a little nervous on bigger rides. ;-)Which one is the Tower of Terror? Is that the one that drops you like 15 stories or something like that? I can't get over the fact that she's so brave! Way to go Daphne!
Who's the teenager in some of the pictures?
Ariel's Grotto looked cool. I bet it was amazing meeting all of them.
Looks like you guys had an incredible trip! Thanks for the update! The pictures are awesome! :)
The Tower of Terror is the ride where it's a hotel elevator that drops you a few times. And the older kid is John's brother. He's his adopted half brother.
Post a Comment