My cat scratches at the window like a dog. She is obsessed with the neighbor cat, who taunts Kat on a daily basis.
One of my favorite things is when she cuddles on my lap every night.

Daphne Updates
- Yesterday morning, Daphne's teacher pulled me aside to point out that Daphne has been spelling. A lot. I guess Daphne made a book, where she spelled out "book" and "roof" correctly, and she tried to spell out "once upon a time" and "Little Einsteins". Daphne's teacher was just blown away. She pointed out that she has the pre-writing skills of a child who has finished kindergarten. Also, just today, Daphne wrote me out a note that said

"Thank you for these muffins"
And then today she wrote out a note that said

"Can I get out of my room. Please"

- Between the hours of 3pm and 5pm, Daphne and I had a snack, cleaned up the snack, folded and put away the laundry, made hummus (and I got Daphne to try some), and planted lettuce in one of our garden boxes. I was EXHAUSTED yet this kid was bouncing off the walls. I tried to seek out some peace by telling her to play in her room for a few minutes before Daddy got home. Not 10 minutes goes by before I see these notes on the steps.
- Daphne is turning 5 in exactly three weeks (!!!!!). I am so excited... we are taking her to DISNEYLAND for her birthday! I know she will just love it. We are spending about 4 days down there. I'm excited to have a lot of time to be able to fit everything we want to do in, as well as soak up some sun!
John
- John is extraordinarily busy working as half of Green & Terry PC. They upgraded their offices in March and have hired on some support staff. And just today they hired on an associate attorney to do family law cases. It is INSANE. I never thought we would be here... but here we are. It's exciting, scary, crazy, yet unbelievably fun. John has also been successfully filling the role as the household handy man and yard maintainer since we have been settling in to our house. He also has a few shows booked for this summer for his band.
Me
- Oh... where to begin. I think I'll begin with school. This quarter is definitely interesting. As part of the requirements for my major, I'm taking Statistics. Can anyone THINK of a more BORING class??? Worse than that, this professor is awful. I honestly think I have a bias for male professors. Every time I get a female professor, I don't like them! This one is different though, she is so COCKY. Why do female professors have to be like that? I think it's because they feel some need to over compensate, when really they don't need to. Anyway, the classroom is absolutely huge. Which sucks. There are almost 200 students enrolled. And then the chairs. Oh the chairs... they are the traditional student chair with the little desk/table attached. But the little table is quite literally 1 foot by 1 foot. Not sufficient for a math class. Most of my stuff ends up on my lap or on the floor next to me. Ok, so, if it's not bad enough, about every 10 minutes, the entire classroom vibrates. Like there is some kind of crazy machinery running on a different floor. I have figured it out though- most of the building is used for the architectural program. So, it may have something to do with that. BUT- on the first day of class, I thought that it was an earthquake. My heart may have stopped beating. I completely freaked out, especially considering what just happened in Japan... and considering that Portland is high on the list of cities to get hit by dooms day. Anyway... I'm really just hoping to get a descent grade in this class.
- I have been working at Green & Terry for a couple weeks now. It's really fun and I like it a lot.
- John and I planned out how we want to use our 6 garden boxes. Lettuce may be the only thing I can plant this soon. And even then, I may have jumped the gun. We had really nice weather today, and Daphne was itching to plant some of the seed packets I had.... so we'll see if the lettuce turns out.
- I started to pick up crocheting again. It's very soothing.
So... I think that's it. Here are some pretty tulips that have blossomed in our front yard.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1 comment:
Wowie - that's a lot of stuff going on in your family!
Daphne IS adorable! I loved the notes she made! Smart girl! :)You'll have to post pictures of your trip!
Sounds like John's work is going well! I'm so excited for him! He's gonna be huge! I just wish I could see him perform sometime!
When I read your posts I sometimes don't understand how you do it all, Amberly! You are seriously wonder woman! Good luck with everything! You are amazing!
Thanks for the update! LOVED IT!
Post a Comment