Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cookies. Again!

How come, for me, when a recipe says it will make 3 dozen cookies it always makes far less than that? I came up with 23. And these are not enormous cookies or anything. They are actually quite small. Oh well.

John and I had a little discussion last night. I made sugar cookies in Christmas shapes for the Holidays, AND to leave for out Santa. Because, you know, Santa likes Christmasy cookies. John promptly told me that you are supposed to leave out CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies for Santa. I have never heard of that, have you? Not to argue against making more cookies- especially chocolate chip- it went on my to do list for this evening. Only thing was, I did not have any butter, and I did not want to make a special trip to the store for butter. SOOOOO... realizing I had Crisco, I went to Crisco's website and used their chocolate chip cookie recipe! And they are pretty darn good!

Now Santa can a little variety. Mmmmm I can't wait til Christmas Eve!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Alecia said...

Why are you excited for Christmas Eve? You know Santa hates to share.

Danhella said...

I never get the same amount that the recipe says it will yield. My gingerbread dough from W&S was supposed to make 60 cookies! Not even close.