Wednesday, November 17, 2010

HELP!

"Indecision may or may not be my problem" ~Jimmy Buffett

I have a BAD case of indecisive-itis. I have SO many thoughts and ideas floating around in my head and I cannot make up my mind!!! First being: I have two coupons to shutterfly.com for picture books, and I cannot decide how I want to use them! Should I start scanning pictures and make a book out of those? Should I make a book out of recent pics? Should I use them for Christmas presents??? Which brings me to #2: I want to start planning and making Christmas gifts- put I cannot make a final decision on what to make!!! And finally the weight-on-my-shoulders-#3: I CANNOT DECIDE WHAT I WANT TO MAJOR IN!!! Which coordinates with another question, what should I do AFTER I graduate? Which question do I answer first? What do I want to be/do -or- what should I major in??? I am running out of time people! And not just because I'm 27 and still in college and still trying to decide what to be when "I grow up" Because after the winter quarter I will actually need to start taking classes to satisfy a major!

Why all the anxiety??? Why can't I just make a decision!

2 comments:

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

If you could major in "awesomeness" you'd have already graduated! Cheesy? ;-)
Okay serious stuff now. First of all, scan the pictures and make books out of them. You're creative enough to make and figure out another idea for presents for Christmas. You'll love having books around the house of your family!
Secondly, pick your three top favorite things you love to study/learn about/ and think you could handle for then next thirty years. Then one by one weigh the pros and cons of each. I'm sure there will be one that stands out. Then decided if there is a major that will fit with your decision. If not, go on the the second favorite thing. You'll figure it out. Good luck!
P.S. it was awesome to hear your voice on the Daphne video, even if you were laughing cuz your daughter just puked. ;-)

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

P.P.S. No anxiety! Life's too short! Didn't you teach me that?