Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Update!!!

I hope everyone is just jumping for joy to see an update about the AWESOME Terrys! My SIL Brooke actually just did an update which made me think to do an update as well.

Sorry for being out of the loop recently, it just seems like I could be doing a million other things besides writing about myself! But isn't that how it goes for everyone?

Lets see... where to start, where to start...

For those of you who don't know yet, John started his own law firm in April with his Partner, Michael Green. They have been going at it for about 4 months now and it's doing very well. They started out wanting to just handle criminal defense cases, but have since branched out do lots of different areas. John is constantly busy with work. It's very exciting to see this dream finally come to fruition and that our (mostly John, but I helped too!) hard work start to pay off.

I registered for my fall classes at PSU! I went last fall and that was it, because in the middle of the term we moved from Vancouver to Portland, which somehow made my residency status have to start over again. There was NO way we could afford out of state tuition, so the only choice was to wait until this fall. I am SO excited to be going back to school. I have also decided that once I go back to school, that I will no longer be working at my job anymore. Last fall I worked full time and took two classes and it was just HELL. I had NO time for anything besides work and school. John helped out a lot, but things were complete CHAOS.

I'm hoping to be able to just go to school and study, and be able to devote my time more to being a mom and wife. John is incredibly busy with his career, and the last thing either of us need are to have to come home at the end of the day and have to put away laundry, clean the bathroom, or do finances.

Also I'd really like Daphne to be able to go to school for half days instead of full days. Going to school for 8 hours a day, is just to long. She likes it a lot, and is really well adjusted, but I think she would make greater advances in her development being at a more structured preschool for half days. I'm hoping she will get into the Helen Gordon Child Development Center at PSU. That center is highly competitive, and has a massive waiting list, but I think she has a pretty good chance to get in. If that works out, we would just ride the street car to PSU together and both be done for the day around 1 or 2.
Daphne is such a little girl! She is such a chatter box... always thinking of something to say. Sometimes I think she just starts talking without knowing what she wants to say yet, just because she loves talking so much. She is obsessed with Dora, our cats, socializing with her friends, and helping out mom and dad. She just loves to be active and is up for ANYTHING. She is such a sweet and bright little girl. She loves having her cousin Kiran here in Portland now. They like to play "Swiper" from Dora together. I can't believe how fast Daphne is growing. Just next year she will be getting ready for kindergarten!
Well, that's all for now. I have a couple other updates I will post soon with pictures!

1 comment:

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

Love the update Amberly! I am so proud of you and John! Can I say that? What you two have done to get him up and running his own company is fantastic! He's incredibly smart, and I'm just so happy for him and his career! I've always said he'd be a big shot one day. :)
I'm also so glad you're happy to be getting back to school. I remember reading your blog way back when when you were doing it all, and all I could think is, how the crap is she managing everything? This new schedule sounds much better, and I know you'll be happier!
Daphne is still the cutest thing ever! Lansing seems like a dream sometimes, and I really miss our good friends like you and John! I guess I'm just so grateful for internet! At least I get to feel close to you, even though I'm not.
Love you guys!