Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dance Class


Sorry there isn't an actual picture, we're experiencing camera difficulties.

At Daphne's school, a dance instructor comes by once a week to teach a dance class. You can sign your child up, and they go off with the instructor for about 45 minutes. The kids get to change into pretty dance outfits and everything. I was all about this idea as soon as I noticed they offered it at Daphne's school.

Daphne has been attending this school since the end of November. We've been a little reluctant to enroll her in the class, just because of the cost. But a couple weeks ago John and I said "screw it" and decided it was about time she started dance class.... that, and Daphne's teacher told us that when all the other little girls changed into their dance clothes and went off to the class, that Daphne would ask to go to Dance class too. Talk about peer preasure!

Last week I was able to stop by Daphne's school during dance class. I asked the instructor if I could watch and if Daphne could try it out before I enrolled her. Luckily she said yes. That dance class is the cutest thing I have ever seen. The kids are taught all kinds of basic ballet steps, leaping, tumbling, dance routines... everything!

The following weekend we ventured out and got her her very own light pink leotard (with a little skirt attached) and pink tights. I have yet to find ballet shoes- that's my next task. So this week was Daphne's first week attending dance class with all her little friends, decked out in her dance gear.

When I was 4, my mom enrolled me in ballet. She said it was because I was too out of control, and apparently ballet straightened me right up. Who would have ever thought that all a 4 year old needed was structure?

Anyhoo- I feel like Daphne is following in my footsteps a little :-)

No comments: