
My Great Grandfather - Grandpa Leishman, passed away on Saturday. I didn't know he was that close to dying, and he just had his 100th birthday. My mom wrote about it on her blog:
"On Saturday we got the call that Grandpa Leishman has passed on. It seems the morning after his birthday party he was pretty grumpy that he woke up and was still here. The next week he wanted his doctors to take out his pace maker. They wouldn't do it. Last week he asked his son-in-law, Don, to give him a blessing that he could go. He did, and not long afterward he went. He was done, he was through [...] We will certainly miss him as we have been missing Grandma. Somehow, the world seems a little dimmer without them."
His wife, my great grandma, passed away almost a year ago. For the longest time, I had 4 great-grand parents. My great grandma on my mom's side passed away when I was 14. Then I had three great-grandparents. Still quite a few comparitively. Her husband (my great grandfather on my mom's side) died this past year too.
So I have no great grandparents anymore. Weird.
4 comments:
I'll try and send you a couple pics from the birthday party. It would have been awesome if you guys had been able to make it. Eric made the same comment last night about it being weird that he doesn't have anymore great grandparents. Hope you guys are well. I didn't make it to the post office yesturday because I was in so much pain, so I don't know if they'll make it in time for christmas sorry. But we are thinking about you guys :)
That's awesome you had 4 around during your life! All mine were dead before I was born.
seriously GREAT grandparents? You were very lucky. Mine too were all dead before I was born. My Grandpa was the same age as your great grandpa. Weird.
Frank will definitely be missed! He and Nellie were/are amazing people! I got a kick out of them!
Post a Comment