Monday, November 24, 2008

Just about Daphne

During our trip to Phoenix a week or so ago, we left Daphne with our parents for 4 days. I had mixed feelings about this, because (1) I needed a break so badly- I was a little excited about it. (2) 4 days is a long time and I knew I would miss her. (3) Leaving Daphne with anyone for an extended period of time makes both John and I nervous that that's the time when some emergency will happen (even with our own parents).

Anyway, everything went very smoothly and Daphne had a great time with her grandparents. It was fun to see her after being apart from her for 4 days and then hearing about all the cute things she did. My mom even recorded some really cute videos. You have to watch this one. It's a few minutes, but the funniest part is at the end- so you HAVE to watch it.



*Proud Mom Moment*
Daphne has learned to say most of the colors in Spanish! Very cool if you ask me. I think she actually knows the spanish words a little better. She NEVER gets them wrong, when she often confuses green and blue, and red and orange. I'm very impressed with her.

*Cute Story*
Yesterday at the grocery store, John let Daphne cart around one of those big plastic candy canes with hershey kisses inside. And of course, when you let Daphne carry around something that long, we usually end up buying it when we check out. Daphne LOVES this candy cane. It's been fun explaining to her that she has to eat dinner before she can have a chocolate, and that she can't have more than one or two. I see her little wheels turning as I'm talking to her about this, to which she still replies "another chocolate?"

This morning I was sneaking in some computer time before she woke up. I heard her open her door two floors above me, walk down the stairs. Walk around a little on the main floor, and then come down more stairs to the office where I'm at. She had her plastic candy cane. She asked if she could have a chocolate, and me being the push over I am, told her she could have ONE because she had to eat breakfast still. To that she replied "three chocolates!" holding up three fingers, as if she was correcting me. "No... one chocolate" I replied. What a cutie.

1 comment:

Lynette Olsen said...

Can we clone her? I want a Daphne, too. I miss her!!!