I put catnip in John's guitar case
Daphne watching Animal Planet with John. A channel we can ALL enjoy!
Yes, I made this beautiful dish. I wish my flash would have gone on though. It's called Mexican Chicken Torta. I'll put the recipe at the bottom of the post.
So, here in the Portland area there is a shopping center right at the border of Oregon and Washington which is called Jantzen Beach. It's in Oregon state so that's where we like to go to get tax free shopping. In the mall, they have a huge carousel that never has many people on it. We had yet to ride it until on Monday when John came home from work and had heard a story of it being "haunted" at work. Of course, we went down to the shopping center that night to go ride it and see if we experienced anything supernatural. We didn't. But we got to ride the huge carousel anyway which was fun and Daphne liked it. Here's some pictures.
*without the flash*
*with the flash*Wait, there's something kinda weird looking in the back ground behind Daphne...

Here's some quotes from a website explaining some "hauntings""Have you seen the children? It is a boy and a girl. They play in the center of the merry-go-round.... inside, behind the door. They seem happy and full of spirit but every so often they turn and gaze, as if looking for their mother. Have you seen them?"
"When I was a small child, I saw two children, a boy and a girl, playing in the center of it through an open door. I only saw them when the door was open. They were playing and I remember their dress being from the 20s or so. They always would look at me and I got the distinct feeling that they wanted me to play with them. I told my mother many times and she told me I was "pipe dreaming" but was visibly shaken. I would always choose a horse on the outside because it really creeped me out but I still saw them every time the door was open."
Here's the link in case you're that interested. Just so you know, I didn't feel like there was any reason to believe this is anything more than an old carousel that goes under-used.And here's the recipe for the yummy Mexican Chicken Torta. I used a wheat bun when I made it. John and I both agree that this would taste much more authentic and a lot better on an actual Torta (a Mexican Bread).
2.5 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded (I used frozen chicken breast)
1/4 cup salsa
2 tbsp mayo
1/2 cup cilantro
1 cup prepared guacamole
1/4 cup black beans, warmed
4 Tortas
In a medium bowl combine chicken, salsa, mayo and cilantro. Toss well to combine
Layer each torta with 1 tbsp black beans (I used more per roll) and 1/4 cup guacamole
Divide chicken salad amongst tortas.
I made a corn/black bean salsa for a side dish. It's messy, but so good!
2 comments:
What a chef!!! That looks to-die-for!
Sounds like you guys are having fun!!! Can't wait to see you guys when you come into town! One more month...wohoo!
Post a Comment