
Today Daphne is officially two and a half. I can now honestly say she is a two and a half year old. With her old age, comes much learning and wisdom. She has changed so much recently. She's grown and developed in ways that surprise me daily. Here are some cute and random things she's doing lately:
* She wants privacy when she goes to the bathroom. I take off her pants when she says she has to go and she does the rest herself. But she is sure to do it by herself with the door closed. If you're in there she'll say "get out mommy/daddy!"
*She isn't afraid to go to bed by herself anymore. She went through a horrible phase where she was afraid of monsters in her closet. Either John or I had to spend 30+ minutes a night laying in bed with her until she fell asleep. We decided to change that a couple weeks ago and she can now go to sleep quietly and easily. With that, she doesn't wake up in the middle of the night scared anymore.
*She can complete amazing physical tasks. One time John and I were with her at the park. We were on the top level of the jungle gym and saw Daphne's head peek up over the side where a ladder is. She climbed the ladder all by herself, which although amazing, scared the poop out of John and I cause she could have fell.
* She speaks in very clear sentences. I am constantly working with her to say what she wants in a sentence, which she learns very quickly. She also figures out her own sentences to say, which completely amaze me when she does so.
* She has a great learning ability. Just today she got a sheet with all different kinds of pumpkins on them (large, small, fat, thin, lots, etc) and she learned all of them after me going over them with her 3 times.
* She is so girly, yet will also play with anything a boy is playing. Like, she loves Dora AND Diego. She loves princesses and toy cars. Jewelry, tutu's, and make up. Trains, planes, and boats.
Anyway, she is growing up so much and I see it everyday. I am so proud of my little girl and glad to see she is growing up to be so happy. We love you Daphne!
No comments:
Post a Comment