Saturday, September 27, 2008

The other blog is gone. Read it all here from now on.

It's all gonna be here now.

I have taken an extreme hiatus on blogging about Mormonism. I'm glad to say that is a chapter in my life that I have truley lost interest in. I don't really care to keep up on the issues that once bothered me so. I really just disassociate myself from that all together.

But, I do have a great passion when it comes to politics. But I admit, I'm not naturally smart or naturally aware of all the details when it comes to these issues. I have to do a lot of reading and research to make sure I'm well aware and informed of any stance I might or might not take. As for the bail out, for a while I wasn't sure what to think. But I have made up my mind that I am not for this bail out. When President Bush addressed the nation (yes, I DID watch it) he painted this picture that made it seem that if the bill did not pass, our nation would be doomed, which would in turn, bring an end to the world as we know it. I just don't believe that is true.

Before that bail out appeared, Suze Orman explained that the market would level out in a few years. It would take a few years, but it's gonna level out. I think that our economic world will level out without a bail out for our richest Americans. I believe that George Bush is just giving his best CEO buddies a "get out of jail free" card. It's not fair.

It's not fair that, while I do not own a home, and do not have a job, that soon I will be having to pay the price for this economic bail out. John and I do not work now, but we will soon. And that's exactly where our tax dollars go.

It's not fair that while John and I scrape together our ends meat to live on our student loans, the investors on wall street will be bailed out by the government and be able to continue to afford their life styles of the rich and famous.

It's not fair that while John and I have been investing in our education ever since (and before) we've been married that housing values have tripled, or quadrupled.

It's not fair that there were not more regulations on home loans during that time.

It's not fair that people I knew with very low income and no education were being able to buy these seemingly unaffordable homes. And all the while, I stood back cautiously observing the risk takers. Being smart.

It's not fair that I did not take that risk and now I will be responsible for bailing everyone out.It's not fair that when John gets a job AFTER 3 YEARS OF POST GRADUATE SCHOOL will only be making 60k a year. While I know some people with no post high school education who started jobs making 55k a year.

It's not fair that the average house cost more than 250k- more than 4 times our potential annual salary.

It's not fair that 40 years ago a house cost only twice an annual salary.

It's not fair that in the past year the cost of staple grocery items has surged between 25-40%.

It's not fair that while income and salary seem to stay the same that cost of living is almost unaffordable.

It's not fair that someone as qualified as a lawyer will have a struggle looking for a job because of the extreme shit hole the government has put our economy in. At the Clark County Prosecutor's office, there are 5 positions that need to be filled, if they had the funds to do so. But they don't have the funds.

It's not fair that something as essential as a HOUSE is seemingly unaffordable. A house.

It's not fair that after law school we won't be able to afford it.

It's not fair.

15 comments:

Janee said...

Seriously!!! How is it fair that we as the American people get NONE of the profits of these big companies but the Bush administration wants US to bear all their loses?! IT'S NOT FAIR! I know how you feel, I am extremely frustrated. I'm going to be a frickin LAWYER struggling just to pay off my student loans (that is if I'm even able to get a job in this economy)!

Bush uses FEAR and preys on ignorant Americans to get his crap passed. Thank GOD Obama will be the next President...

McGinnis Family said...

I agree with EVERYTHING you say!!!! It's a bunch of CRAP!

Melissa May said...

Completely right on!

The House squashed the bill though, so the bail out is stalled for the time being at least.

Why not "bail out" the US citizens instead of big businesses? Why not spread that $700 BILLION dollars around to everyone in the country that is 18 years old and up? Thats a TON of money per person - and then they can TAX it at 40% and get all that money back - and the rest of us will still have several HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS left over to, you know BUY A HOUSE, PAY OFF STUDENT LOANS, PAY OFF EXISTING MORTGAGES, invest in the COLLEGE EDUCATION of our kids, just little things like that!

Why won't that ever happen? Because that is just too darn simple and makes too much sense! If they really did do that, there would be no more economic crisis! We would all have money!

I love being an American but I hate our Government sometimes!

Brooke said...

I don't see how you can express this opinion and still support Obama.
-Eric

Amberly said...

This has nothing to do with Obama. This is all from 8 years of Bush. That's obvious. I think that no matter what I say you're just going to disagree with me. It's in our blood.

Brooke said...

I agree with what you posted. It's what I hear from conservatives every day. I'm not a Bush supporter, he's no conservative. This is not all from 8 years of Bush, some is but some is from Clinton. One things for sure though, Obama = more taxes, more government in your life. One giant leap towards socialism.
-Eric

Amberly said...

Hmmm... "Socialism: refers to a broad set of economic theories of social organization advocating state or collective ownership and administration of the means of production and distribution of goods, and the creation of an egalitarian society."

"Egalitarian society: a political doctrine that holds that all people should be treated as equals, and have the same political, economic, social, and civil rights."

Brooke said...

all treated as equals, except for those who govern. all treated as equal regardless of how lazy or productive they are. All equally oppressed. All equally poor. All equally powerless.

The idea in its purity is great sounding. The application by corupt leaders is horrific. How many countries enter socialism by the will of the people?
-Eric

Amberly said...

Not that the US will ever enter socialism anyway. I think it's kinda weird to think that just because a democratic president gets elected that the US will enter socialism.

Brooke said...

not enter, just get closer to. And not just "a democratic president", one that plans on raising taxes.
-Eric

Janee said...

Wow. Here's how I can express that opinion and still support Obama...

IT'S NOT ABOUT OBAMA.

McCain is a member of the party that has had legislative CONTROL/POWER for 10 out of the past 12 years and he has consistently voted for the crappy Bush policies that have run this country into the ground.

NONE of this economic turmoil is from Clinton. It is ALL from Bush's idiotic and reckless policies. Bush inherited government surpluses from EACH year Clinton was in office. Bush let his greedy friends run a muck on the wall street with no regulations and now we are in the crap hole.

WHOEVER is in office will equal more taxes because of what Bush has done! Even McCain was pushing for this bailout bill! It's now on the shoulders of the American people to save this economy. Thanks Republicans.

Dude, Amberly, I know they're family and all but dang. You're right, they just disagree to disagree no matter what.

With that said, I'm DONE. I've sparred with Brooke and Eric before and I'd rather bash my head against a wall. No disrespect guys :)

Janee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janee said...

Maybe we should have MORE government in our lives if a total economic apocalypse (and US paying for it anyway) is the end result of NOT having any government regulation!

Oh sorry, got that info about Clinton's surpluses from the Congressional Budget Office and Office of Management and Budget.

Brooke said...

Keep drinking the cool-aid...

Amberly said...

Kool Aid has too many calories.