



It was actually a lot cooler than I expected. There's a lot to do there, all involving a lot of walking on bumpy trails, so we didn't do any of that. It would have been too hard with a stroller, my sprained ankle, and our time limit. But the flags in front of the mountain are the each state's flag. I thought that was cool.
Here's a picture I took of Daphne trying to kill time while John ran back to the monument to get our car keys, which we accidentally left on some benches. Don't worry, someone turned them into lost and found. Anyway, I thought Daphne looked cute in this picture.

And then we saw some elk just kickin it on the side of the road!
Just kidding. We drove through some kind of attraction that has all kinds of animals just hanging out in this enclosed forest area. We figured we just had to do it. So we did. I'm not even sure if these are elk, but they look cool. The main attraction for this thing were the bears. 
Everyone was getting a kick out of this bear. He was just sitting there all relaxed on his butt. It was too funny. The bears were all hanging out in this one area. There were about 200 of them I think, and they would just walk all around your car as you drove by or parked. One actually nibbled at our front license plate.
Sorry the pictures are foggy, you weren't allowed to roll down your window.
The speed limit in this place was only about 5 mph, so we had Daphne in the front on John's lap. She totally loved it and called the bears "care bears".
She even helped out with the steering.

I think the only other big deal for the rest of the day was that we crossed into Wyoming, and then Montana. We didn't make our destination of Helena Montana that night, due to the extensive sight seeing earlier that day, but we did make it to Billings Montana. Not too far off.
1 comment:
That seems like such a cool place with all the animals. I can't believe you guys forgot your keys. That is so funny...wouldn't be to funny if you couldn't find them. =
)
Post a Comment