"Hmmm, it's 3:30 in the morning. I think I should wake up mom and dad."
I Hear Daphne crying and walking into our room. Her diaper is pretty wet so I change her and go back to bed with her in her room. (This is what we do when Daphne wakes up in the middle of the night. One of us goes back to bed with her and she falls right back asleep).
After a couple hours of laying in bed with Daphne, she never falls back asleep.
"Sleep is SO boring. I'm going to lay here and wiggle and talk to myself so mom can't sleep either."
After noticing that she's not falling back asleep, I give her some water and explain to her that I am going back to sleep in my bed and to not get up.
"Ya, right. I'll be up and crying again in about 10 minutes."
Ten minutes later
"Time to cry again and get mom back in here".
I go back into Daphne's bed and lay awake with her til about 6:30. I notice the time and think to myself that my alarm clock is going off now. That's the last thing I remember til about 7:10. I drifted off, and wake up to the sound of John getting ready for work. I notice Daphne is alseep. I get up and get back into my bed. I get into bed just as John is finishing up getting ready and heading downstairs for breakfast.
The time is now 9 a.m. I wake up, get coffee that John made earlier in the morning, and start to do some exercises in hopes of finishing up before Daphne wakes up.
10 minutes later...
" Wow, I've been asleep for 2 hours. I think that's enough. I should get up and see what mom is doing".
I'm 10 minutes into my desired 1 hour work out. I get Daphne some milk and a cereal bar and continue working out. After she's done eating I get her engaged in my work out with me, and she thinks we're dancing. It works for about half an hour, until she demands to watch a movie. She requests the "squirrel movie", or Ice Age, I put it on for her and finish up my work out downstairs. 10 minutes later..."Hmmm... I wonder where my mom is... I should go find her."
"Oh, I see she is actively engaged in her work out. But I want her to come watch the movie with me. Lets see what I can do."
Daphne wants me to watch the movie with her. Instead I persuade her to take a bath, so that I can take a shower. I usually set her bath up, and then shower while she plays in the tub. It usually works and provides at least 10 minutes for me to shower in peace.
Before I can even get into MY shower, Daphne starts whining.
"This bath is boring. Mom should get me out so she can play with me."
She says she done bathing and requests to get out. I get Daphne out of the tub, dry her off and dress her. I ask her if she has to go potty and she says no. I tell her to play in her room while I shower.
One minute into my shower...
"Wait, I DO have to go potty after all. I'll just go tell mom, who is in the shower. She can take me. No biggy."
Daphne tells me she has to go potty one minute into my shower. Just as I have wet my entire body and shampooed my hair.
I get out and take off her pants to discover that she had gone a little in her panties and shorts. I set her on the toilet, she goes a little bit, and then I send her off to her room to finish showering.
Throughout the rest of my morning, I took Daphne potty EIGHT TIMES.
I'm at my witts end today. On any other given day, I probably could have handled this. But on about 5 hours of sleep, no way.
1 comment:
Aren't those days horrible?!?! I've had that happen a few times too and sometimes i think it's a miracle that she's never been beaten ;) As for the five hours of sleep thing...that's about what I've been averaging the past month, I can't sleep well latley. I totally understand getting frusterated and knowing that if you'd had more sleep it wouldn't be near as bad. I hope she sleeps well tonight!
Post a Comment