The bruising was much darker, and spread to all over the bottom outside portion of my foot, and the top of my foot reaching to all my toes, except my big toe. When it was rapped up in an ace bandage, it look pretty nasty and John kept saying my foot looked like it was dying. It swelled up pretty big and had a big knot right on the outside bone that sticks out on your ankle, except my foot was so swollen it didn't look like I had that bone. I still have a big knot right there and a little above it. Unfortunately it wasn't very easy to stretch out or elevate my foot in the cramped car, or get much ice on it. I worked too hard on it before and after our actual drive out west and now feels very stiff. I need to do the stretching exercises the doctor gave me and hopefully it will return to normal in a few weeks.
Right after we got to Vancouver, we needed to go shopping for new furniture, so I used the motorized carts they have for handicapped people. At first it was really fun, but soon got to be very embarassing and inconvenient. Especially at Ikea where they only have actual wheel chairs that I had to be pushed around in.
For the mean time, I can't run at all and it really bumbs me out. There's no way we can afford a gym membership, nor would I have the time to go with John's new schedule at the DA's office. Currently we are looking into buying an eliptical. That will do me a world of good.So, sorry if this was too boring. It's interesting to me so I thought I'd share.
4 comments:
OMG! I can sympathize - that's how my ankles looked my last month of pregnancy :)
I'm sorry, I hope it heals as quick as possible!
JN
We all looked at these pictures and think this is more than a sprang!! You should have that checked out, it looks scary! I miss you and will email you those pics!!
Are you sure its just sprained? It looks soooo burly! I would guess it was broken from looking at it, but then I am no doctor so what the hell do I know!?!?!? Glad you are feeling better!
Post a Comment