In other news... a very weird thing happened today. While I was getting ready this morning in the bathroom, the window was open and I kept hearing what sounded to me like a bird flapping. It would flap a few times and then stop. I kept looking outside but never saw anything. Later on today, I was outside vaccuming and cleaning the car and heard it again. Coming from the same place. I looked over at the fence which is where I heard it, and still didn't see anything. I gave one last look and saw a bird, with its head stuck in between the boards. It would flap a few times, then stop. Then do it again. Poor thing had been stuck out there for who knows how long, but at least all day today! So I did what anyone would do...



I grabbed my kitchen gloves, took some pictures, then lifted it out. It flopped to the other side of the fence and fell on the ground. He didn't move much and just layed on there. I don't know if its neck or wing is broken or what, but he hasn't moved in a while. He's still a live... for now. Not sure what will happen. But at least if he dies, he won't die with his head stuck in between fence boards.
6 comments:
Sounds like an awesome trip you guys had! Someday I want to visit over there. Poor little bird. Good thing you saved it. :)
poor little bird. It was probably tired. Maybe it regained its strength and flew away!
We always have to get pictures first. Sounds like something I'd do. Nice rescue. You look good with your blue glove.
Update on the bird: I set it on the ground beside the fence that day and forgot to check on it after that. But this morning I looked and he was gone... So either he was eaten by a cat or flew away. Lets imagine that he flew away...
Those pictures are hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I pity the poor bird, but how does one accidently fly into a fence? Hilarious!
Poor little bird!
Post a Comment