Monday, July 14, 2008

BIG update

Here is a little update about what's been going on with us. First of all, Daphne is becoming a VERY independent little girl. She is very assertive, which sometimes (most of the time) causes a little tension in the household. Disciplining her is getting harder and harder. We don't spank under and circumstances and always communicate with her as to why she is in trouble. It's a constant battle, and sometimes I feel she would get the message easier if I could just spank her, but we still don't do it. We've been doing time outs, which work most of the time. John and I often find ourselves in a tough spot. Because it's like we want to be able to give her what she wants, but we are trying VERY HARD to not spoil her. I always want to give her things that I never had growing up, but then realize I'm just giving her everything she wants. Anyway, here are some pictures of what she's been up to lately.

First of all, she is wearing some pj's I got her at Target with all the princesses on them. Just out of the blue, she has learned about the Disney princesses and totally loves them. She really likes Belle and Snow white. So when it's time to get her jammies on, she gets really excited when she gets to wear her "princess jammies"
She also loves this little stroller and loves to push things around in it; care bears, babies, weird stuffed animals of all sorts.
she can even carry it up and down the stairs her self.
Here she is with all her gear on. She loves high heel dress up shoes, her easter hat, bows for her hair, clip on earrings, etc. And all this coming from a girl with a mother who never wears earrings and rarely wears high heels. Go figure.
I thought this pictures was funny. It looks like she doing a pose.
I bought her some bows, and she insisted I put them ALL in her hair.

I got this great find at TARGET! I got these modern/retro black and cream napkins at Target on an end cap for 74 cents. On clearance. I was so excited when I found them, and I almost peed my pants when I saw that there were 4 left!!!

So, a little update on our move. I wanted to announce that close to the end of August we are having a HUGE moving sale. We are selling ALL of our furniture. Couches, coffee table, end tables, computer desks, Baker's rack, crib/daybed w/ mattress, baby dresser, queen size bed w/ mattress, tall oak dresser, end tables, computer monitor, lots of baby toys and clothes, old clothes from John and I, picture frames, and tons more. I am going to be taking pictures of all the furniture and some of the other highlights of what will be sold, and then making a blog of it all. So, for those of you here in Lansing who is NOT moving this fall, you should come check out this HUGE SALE! You may find something you need or want for CHEAP!
As for the rest of our stuff, we'll be cramming it into a 5' by 8' trailer from Uhaul and attaching it to the back of our car. Hopefully we can fit everything in there that we want to keep. It's giving me a little bit of anxiety, but I think/hope it will all go fine, and that we'll be able to sell all our stuff.
So last night John and I went to Logan's Roadhouse. I already went there once with some girl friends for a girls night out, and got the burger (like always) and ended up not liking it. I also got some coupons for a free appetizer and kids meal, so I thought it would be good to go back, use the coupons, and get some good steak. When we went last night I couldn't decide what kind of steak I wanted. I almost ordered the top sirloin, but the waitress said that it was just ordinary steak, and that the prime rib was really good and that it was on special. I asked her if it was lean, and she said it was. So I ordered that. Man, was I disappointed. I didn't really know what prime rib was, and just didn't like it. I was expecting a lean, grilled, and delicious steak. Instead I got some fatty slab of meat. There was so much fat, I couldn't even eat half of it. On top of that, the waitress tried to tell me that I couldn't use both my coupons on one visit. I did end up getting to use them, but I don't think I am ever going back to this restaurant. Blah.
And finally, an update on my running. I'm pretty sure our gym membership expired not long ago at the YMCA, so John and I have been running a lot together and seperately around our neighborhood. My shin splints are pretty much healed and haven't bothered me since I got my pimp running shoes. I'm running 3 miles every other day, and just started running 1 mile on the off day. I used to not do anything on the off day, but I'm easing into doing more. I haven't gone to the gym in a LONG time, but I lost a couple pounds. I think it was all muscle though, since I haven't really been doing any weight lifting. I still look lean and toned though, so I'm happy. I'm also very proud of John. He was dead against any kind of cardio before, but has since realized that it is a sure fire way of loosing fat, and pounds. It's been working great for him and he's already lost about 15, and can run 3 miles with me. I'm very proud of him.
Ok, sorry if this update has been boring to anyone.


3 comments:

Janee said...

Oh my goodness, Daphne is like grown :) Love the heels! So cute...

Alyson said...

Daphne has officially lost the last trace of "baby". She is a little girl now. Sad but exciting!

I am getting sad that we are all leaving. 5 more weeks!

Brooke said...

Alaura loves the Disney princess's too!!! I have a picture of her with a bunch of bows in her hair like Daphne. She's growing up so fast. I hope it all goes well with your move