Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another new dining experience

So I've ventured out once again into a new dining experience. I have never had lobster in my whole life. When I mentioned this at our 4th of July party, a married couple who was at our party just would not have it. They insisted that the first time I had lobster had to be from some company they ordered it from. They are definetly lobster connoisseurs and arranged a lobster dining experience. So we went off tonight and had lobster. I even got the priviledge to hold my dinner before it was killed with steaming hot boiling water. And the verdict: It was good. It doesn't taste like much, and all the butter made it taste even better. It was really fun to have to crack every bit open to eat it. It was a little intimidating, but ended up having a great time! I really enjoy dining when it's more of an experience than just eating some food.

We didn't have our camera, but once again was saved by John's cell phone.
The only reason why I looked so scared was that when my friend Brian was holding the lobster, it was all curled up, and when I grabbed it, it opened up and thought it was going to attack me or something.
cooked and ready to eat!

I honestly only got through both the claws and half of the tail before I got full. They say the tail is the best part, but I like the claws the best personally. I can't wait to try it again sometime! It was such fun. Thanks Margo and Brian!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks like fun! The couple of times I tried lobster, I wasn't very impressed. I think that's 'cause I had crappy lobster. I've heard the claws are the best part.

Brooke said...

the first one was from Eic, I think that we've only tried Lobster once or twice, but Eric really loves crab legs...If you want an experience, try cracking all those bad boys!!! Glad you had fun!
Brooke

Amberly said...

Ya I want to try crab next. I liked the claws cause they were more tender, which I hear crab is.

~Amberly

Janee said...

That must have been expensive to order and ship lobster!

I personally prefer crab :) I recommend you get Maryland hard shell crab - yum! Don't bother with that crap from red lobster, so gross...