Saturday, June 7, 2008

races and rain

I ran my second 5k on Friday. John ran it with me. It was pretty cool, because it had been pouring rain about an hour and a half before the race, and then the rain stopped. It was muggy and humid and hot before the rain and after that it was cool and cloudy. So that was awesome running weather. Right after the race it started to rain again. My time wasn't as good as my first 5k. This time I believe I ran it in 27 minutes 40 seconds. I developed a really bad stomach/side cramp about half way through which became so painful that I had to stop to walk a couple times.
Anyway, the coolest part about all this was that there was pizza and a butt load of food to eat afterward. I think this is becoming a big reason to continue to do races-the food. Here are some pictures of John and me before the race. We couldn't get any of us running or anything like that- seeing as we were both participants.


The rain continued tonight just after 10 pm. I think it was the heaviest most intense rain I've ever seen. I told John that it looked like you could take a shower in it, so he promptly removed all his clothes and went and danced around outside. He got soaked. The thunder and lightening was pretty crazy. John said he was afraid he might get struck by lightening.
The End.

3 comments:

Rylie said...

Way to go guys!! I miss you!!

Brooke said...

Sounds like fun!! I wish we could get a little rain!!!

Janee said...

Good for you guys!

Emily and Chelsey ran in it too, did you see them? I was supposed to help out the MTB booth there but didn't show up because it was raining :)