I cannot wait to put my United States History test behind me. I have a test on Wednesday for WGU on the United States. That's right, the United States. Pretty much all and everything having to do with the United States: history, government, geography... everything. I have been working on this stupid test for nearly six months. I already took it once and I failed it. I actually knew I was going to fail because I wasn't prepared. But I have been studying more, and am scheduled to take it on Wednesday. And the end of this term is on June 31st. If I pass, I get to move on to the next term's course work, and won't have to look back on this stupid test ever again. If I fail, I just have to retake it next term... and the test will lurk over my head for a few more months. It's so frustrating, because the test is SO broad, it's really hard to keep motivated. I really hope I pass this test so I don't have to retake it next term. I really just want to move on to something a little more guided (which I know next term courses will be) which will help keep me motivated. So keep me in your thoughts on Wednesday, say a prayer, meditate, throw a penny in a fountain, rub Buddha's tummy... whatever it is you do, just do it for me!
Oh, and something funny. On Saturday I was at the store getting hot dog buns with my friend Matt and my birthday came up. I was purchasing the buns as we were talking about this and I said with a cringe on my face "I'm gonna be 25 on Friday..." The cashier then said "You're life is one-third over."
Thanks. I never thought of it that way 'til you so bluntly but it into perspective. I always thought of it as 1/4 of a century old, or luckily, that one-FORTH of my life was over. But I guess it's pretty average to live til you're 75 these days. So I guess the cashier was right.
2 comments:
Good luck on your test!
Good luck on your test!!! I'm sure you'll do well!! It hasn't bothered me at all turning 25...I gues i feel tht the older i get the more things I have happening to me...I can't have more kids till I get older, Eric can't progress in his job unless we get older...I don't know maybe i'm wierd, but I look forward to getting older!!! BTW I'm sending yours and Daph's presents this week. I really haven't forgotten, life's gotten busy and my computer is fighting me on a couple of te DVD's. I'm goignto send what I have though. Happy almost Birthday!!!!!
Post a Comment