Sunday, March 2, 2008

fresh baked cookies



as many of you know, a couple nights ago we had a girls night. john stayed home with daphne and dan pousson came over with maya. i came home around 10:30, and as i walked in the door i smelled an interesting aroma. i honestly had no idea what it was but it smelled sweet. i asked john what the smell was and he said (as he was washing the dishes) "i had to make something for me that you will never make me". i walked in the kitchen as saw a big plate of peanut butter cookies. the whole idea of this just made me laugh. he said he had already eaten alot of them, but there was at least 15 cookies still on this plate. and they looked like real cookies, they actually looked good! he said he got a recipe online and just made them. just thinking about him measuring out these ingredients, scooping out the dough on a cookie sheet, and baking them makes me laugh. they were even cooked the right amount of time. whenever i make cookies it's really hard for me to not burn them. i didn't try one that night, but i had one the next day and i have to tell you, they were the best peanut butter cookies i've ever had. and i don't like peanut butter cookies! which is why i never make them for john. well, he'll have to be the one in charge of that task again, because they were dang good! john later said "if you leave a man home with girls, he's gonna do girly things!"

daphne is still picking up words at an enormous rate, it's really hard to keep up with her! she's putting words together to form sentences all the time now which is really cool. one thing she started doing that i think is really funny is she'll scoot one of our dining room chairs over to the light switch so she can get up on the chair and turn the switch on and off. she got the idea from john who put the chair there for her once, after that she realized she could just move the chair herself. i wonder what she'll move the chair to next to get something she wants?

on a side note: i HATE nascar. i think it's stupid, it's not even a sport and it's stupid!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I don't think I've ever seen eric bake cookies. (He baked his first cake last month and it was GREAT!!!!) Go John!!! I really like peanut butter cookies, but I'm trying to stay away from sugar... What kind of sentances is Daphne saying? How was girls night out? How often do you guys have them?

Janee said...

LOL - I was cracking up when Dan told me John baked up some cookies that night...Dan made brownies one night and it gave me total anxiety!

Faith told me you guys almost got thrown out by security - LOL - man, I'm so mad I missed that - I LOVE getting in trouble!

Alisa said...

Those cookies look good! I also agree with the Nascar thing. Who wants to watch cars drive in circles for hours on end? Yawn.

McGinnis Family said...

I want a recipe!

Jeff and Chelsy said...

I'm impressed that he made cookies, it's hard to get jeff into the kitchen unless it comes from a box. I too agree with the Nascar thing, way to boring.